A Bit Of Lemon Curd With Chocolate Fudge Cake+Ganache?

Baking By kandyslife Updated 12 Mar 2017 , 1:57pm by Zakared

kandyslife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandyslife Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 13

So I love lemon and chocolate. And the idea of combining both makes my mouth water honestly haha!

Has anyone ever tried making a chocolate fudge cake and layering it with chocolate ganache and a drizzle of Lemon curd on top of the ganache and between each layer? So the lemon curd isn't the filling rather a compliment? I dont know it just makes my mouth water picturing it 

Has anyone tried this please??

And does anyone have a yummy yummy chocolate fudge recipe link ? :)

12 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Mar 2017 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 13

I also love lemon and chocolate, but I have to tell you, we are a distinct minority.  Generally when  someone bites into the lemon cream in a box of chocolates, the reaction is "eww".  One other candy is more despised is the orange jelly, and I like that too.

If the cake is for you (or me) then I saw, "YES!"

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 6:25am
post #3 of 13

Never would I ever put those two together. Never heard of this as complimenting each other. I have heard of orange with chocolate. Maybe I am missing something good. Maybe I will have to try this out one day in the future!!

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 13

I agree....lemon and chocolate are yucky together for me....i don't like orange either.  For me citrus of any kind and chocolate do not pair well....but to each their own!!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 13

I tried similar to what you want....and I like citrus and chocolate...for whatever reason, I didn't like the chocolate cake w/the lemon curd at all...and I didn't use much curd at all.  It was the accent.  The reaction from others after first bite was more puzzled and "what were you thinking."  So I don't do lemon curd with chocolate cake anymore lol.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Mar 2017 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 13

See, Kandyslife?  Whadda I tell ya?  It's only you and me.  You. and. me.

kandyslife Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 13

Quote by @leah_s on 1 day ago

I still can't believe that not much people like this combo!! joyjoyjoy

I guess it would probably be a good idea not to make this combination at a family gethering joy

kandyslife Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 13

Quote by @leah_s on 1 day ago

I still can't believe that not much people like this combo!! joyjoyjoy

I guess it would probably be a good idea not to make this combination at a family gethering joy

kandyslife Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 8:02pm
post #9 of 13

Quote by @GI on 1 day ago

I tried similar to what you want....and I like citrus and chocolate...for whatever reason, I didn't like the chocolate cake w/the lemon curd at all...and I didn't use much curd at all.  It was the accent.  The reaction from others after first bite was more puzzled and "what were you thinking."  So I don't do lemon curd with chocolate cake anymore lol.

That's dissappointing :( I was hoping that it would taste good. Visually I thought it sounded amazing but I guess not joy

kandyslife Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 8:04pm
post #10 of 13

Quote by @Jeff_Arnett on 1 day ago

I agree....lemon and chocolate are yucky together for me....i don't like orange either.  For me citrus of any kind and chocolate do not pair well....but to each their own!!

I agree I dont like chocolate with orange flavor. However two weeks ago I tried a tart with lemon fillling and Chocolate ganache on top. It tasted amazing so I thought maybe it would taste well in a cake

kandyslife Posted 10 Mar 2017 , 8:05pm
post #11 of 13

Quote by @remnant3333 on 1 day ago

Never would I ever put those two together. Never heard of this as complimenting each other. I have heard of orange with chocolate. Maybe I am missing something good. Maybe I will have to try this out one day in the future!!

haha If you do try it please let me know if you liked it. And if you do then welcome to me and Leah_s chocolate with lemon club joy

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 1:38pm
post #12 of 13

I am with the loving chocolate and citrus... chocolate and lemon... chocolate and orange... chocolate and lime... chocolate and grapefruit... BUT... It must be dark chocolate... I'm not a milk chocolate girl anyhow... 

I love the chocolates with the citrus centers...

Hey, to tell the truth, I love chocolate with just about anything... lol

Zakared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zakared Posted 12 Mar 2017 , 1:57pm
post #13 of 13

Chocolate and Raspberry always goes well together. Try a Raspberry curd.  I know it's not citrus, but it can go well together. I also have done a chocolate cake with orange creamsicle buttercream....also a favorite.

I'm not a big fan of citrus and I can't eat chocolate so combining them isn't a thing for me. But then, I think others have a much more cultured palate than me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%