Please Help.....i Need Some Advice

Decorating By Sue9069 Updated 1 Aug 2016 , 11:21am by -K8memphis

Sue9069 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sue9069 Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a Saxophone cake  the client is picking it up on Thursday  there are ALOT of small parts that need to be attached separately.  I want to make sure that I have enough time to let it set a little to make sure nothing falls off/comes unglued.  I have baked the cake   And it's in the freezer.  Since she's picking up on Thursday, I need to have it completed by Wednesday night.  When do you think I can start carving, icing, covering, putting pieces on and airbrushing?   I'm thinking start on Monday, but I really, really want to get started today.  Thoughts??

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 6

I always freeze my filled cakes then final ice a day or two before delivery -- I would carve now if it was me -- go for it -- but keep it super well covered -- don't put any warm chilli or leftover salmon in the fridge in the meantime --

i brush off the ice crystals that form right away, I don't let them melt into the cake because that can carry fridge/freezer aromas --

Sue9069 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sue9069 Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 6

it's probably obvious but I meant when I take it out of the freezer for the next step I brush off the ice crystals -- I don't tend to it and watch for the ice to develop -- probably obvious but anyway

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 11:07am
post #5 of 6

Glad you clarified that K8, I had a vision of you sitting on a high stool with a jewelers loop and a roll of kitchen paper waiting on those darn ice crystals to start forming one by one lol x

-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 11:21am
post #6 of 6

you been spying on me!? stuck_out_tongue.png  hahahahaha smile.png

I should wear a GoPro camera and record a video... or maybe not --

i have a brother who knit picks everything you say so I'm always wary huh

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%