Buttercream Made With Cream

Decorating By joeyww12000 Updated 17 Jun 2016 , 3:42pm by loreen1

joeyww12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeyww12000 Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 12:40am
post #1 of 6

How long can Buttercream made with whipping cream be left out? Customer purchased a cake but didn't tell me it would be about 2-3 days before they planned on eating it. They are in an RV and the cakes are setting out. They do have AC, but I could see a sheen on the fondant lettering which leads me to believe it may have not been to cool inside. Also one of the cakes has chocolate ganache well. Any worries?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 2:41am
post #2 of 6

For the most part the amount of sugar is  high enough to protect the cream from spoiling but.........since you were not informed of the potential problem I'd say you can't be held responsible.  Most of us feel once the cake leaves our hands we are no longer responsible for any mishap.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 2:43am
post #3 of 6

OR are you meaning the cake was entirely iced w/whipped cream??  That's a different story - as it should only be out for like 4 hrs.

joeyww12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeyww12000 Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 3:12am
post #4 of 6

No, cream in the buttercream.

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 6

The buttercream should be fine.  Not sure about the ganache, tho.

loreen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loreen1 Posted 17 Jun 2016 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 6

2 or 3 days sounds about right

Quote by @joeyww12000 on 15 hours ago

How long can Buttercream made with whipping cream be left out? Customer purchased a cake but didn't tell me it would be about 2-3 days before they planned on eating it. They are in an RV and the cakes are setting out. They do have AC, but I could see a sheen on the fondant lettering which leads me to believe it may have not been to cool inside. Also one of the cakes has chocolate ganache well. Any worries?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%