How To Make This Cake?!

Decorating By CakeDesigner1 Updated 28 Apr 2016 , 5:54pm by JodiCake

CakeDesigner1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigner1 Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 5:23am
post #1 of 7

[postimage id="3732" thumb="900"]I'm just wondering how would you decorate a cake like this. Do you just paint on top of the fondant? Can you gals help me with a basic step by step please! Thanks you!!! :) 

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 11:46am
post #2 of 7

It looks like paint on top of the fondant with more paint sponged on there with a paper towel, based on that pattern on the side. I'd at least use a paper towel that didn't have a texture to it, or kleenex or something...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 7

yes and i've cut foam to impress patterns onto fondant and to dip in paint -- so there's that too -- part of the paint there looks like a pattern -- y'know like you'd cut a pattern on a potato to make a stamp -- i'm sure potato stamps is googleable

and it is

mariej162 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothGal Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 7

I'd say get some of those painters sponges (the cheap ones that come on a stick) and use those. You can mix gel food coloring with some vodka and stamp it on, just make sure the "paint" is the right consistency, you don't want it running off the cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 7

There are a few Youtube videos on how to do this look.  And if the paint does run some you just put another coat/color over it,  What an interesting way to decorate......probably quick and very nice looking.

JodiCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodiCake Posted 28 Apr 2016 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 7

Pretty cake. The blog says she purposely used a paper towel on the wet color to get the pattern. I think personally, I'd leave that step out. Good luck with the cake @CakeDesigner1 ‍ 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%