How Mcuh Should I Price This?

Business By pinksparkles163 Updated 17 Apr 2016 , 8:59pm by kakeladi

pinksparkles163 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinksparkles163 Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 3

Made this cake earlier this week, how much should i price it? With regular flavours[postimage id="3599" thumb="900"]

Its a 6 and 8 inch

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 3

Ingredients plus expenses plus hourly wage plus profit. Little depending on the area you live. I would probably sell it for a shockingly low price  (130-150US$) so don't take that as your guideline lol!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 3

It is very hard to tell someone how much to price a certain cake these days.  As julia said, it depends on your location, expenses, how much you value your time (hr wage), how much profit you want to make.  Yes, you have to take in all those :)  Did you have to shop for ingredients or decorations?  How long did you spend shopping and how far did you have to drive?  Did you have to hire a babysitter for any part of shopping or making this cake?  Remember, in most places (in the US) hr wage is now $12-15.   There is sooooo much that goes into making a cake!  Oh, and you also have to take into consideration how much prep/post time you put in.  It's not just the actual time spend baking and decorating - it's getting things together,making sure you have everything needed, and cleaning up, putting everything away.  That takes you away from your family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%