Pizza Cookie Recipe Pls Help

Baking By calicokid Updated 19 Apr 2016 , 2:20am by calicokid

calicokid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicokid Posted 16 Apr 2016 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All,

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful spring weather.  I am trying to make a pizza cookie and haven't done so in years.  I recall getting a recipe here using a cake mix, I believe white, to which a couple of modifications were made.  It turned out beautifully but for the life of me I can't recall what those changes were.  

I'd be grateful if anyone can provide help in refreshing my memory.  I am making this for a cake walk fundraiser on Friday but would like to make in advance.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.  

Have a super evening!

Cheers,

Liliane

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 2:34am
post #2 of 4

Yes, one cake mix, one egg and some oil - can't remember exactly but it's like 1/2 cup?   I baked mine (9 to 12") for about 15=20 minutes.  Make sure you don't spread the batter all the way to the pan edges, leave about 1/2:" because the batter spreads.  I found mine didn't hold up for more than a day or two.  They would dry out even if warped in plastic but they can be fzn. 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 17 Apr 2016 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 4

A large sugar cookie also works for making the pizza cookie and it will have a much longer shelf life. Use your favorite recipe; either press dough into a cake pan or place dough directly on a cookie sheet and press down forming a large flat circle. Bake at 325-350 F until the edge is slightly brown. 

calicokid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicokid Posted 19 Apr 2016 , 2:20am
post #4 of 4

Hi ladies,

Thank you for your speedy replies.  I am making them tomorrow and have decided to try each of your suggestions  I picked up 2 pizza boxes today and the cutter, so I am exited to see this cake / cookie come together.  I just hope I see tickets of interest to buy, in the bag,  when I go by to peek.

Once I find artwork for the cover of the box with some faux pizza company, the rest will be history.    

What fun! I admire the talent I see on the site to do much more complex creations.  With three kids I content myself with the small stuff for now.  I will however keep a copy of your generously shared cake flavours,kakeladi.  Once I have more time with my hands, these will come in handy. 

Thank you again and best wishes for a wonderful week ahead! 

Cheers,

Liliane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%