Colorflow With Royal Icing

Decorating By ritzyworm Updated 8 Apr 2016 , 10:34pm by kakeladi

ritzyworm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ritzyworm Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, this is my first post on this portal, happy to be a part of this community. I have always found answers to my baking problems on this forum, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this particular issue that I am facing. Hopefully this post will help!

I have to make a colorflow project as part of my baking course, but it has to be on parchment paper and it will not be transferred to any cake/cookie. I have placed my picture under parchment paper and I am piping the icing on the paper, I have noticed as soon as the icing dries, with the slightest move, my icing slides off its place. For a change, I want my icing to stick to the paper. I tried piping some icing onto regular paper and it sticks well. Can anyone tell me what the issue is? is it the paper? is it the wrong side of paper? the icing ? or something else?

In desperate need of help!

2 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

Waxed paper is what you want. Parchment doesn't hold as you've found out, regular paper won't let go. Waxed paper will hold the royal but will release the dried royal as you gently peel it off the back.  I do it a lot.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2016 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 3

Why does it have to be on parchment?  

I think parchment paper has a coated side that is allowing for the sliding.  Maybe turn the parchment over?  But I agree with the other poster.  Most of the time colorflow is made on either waxed paper or plastic wrap.   

If done on wax paper, to remove larger pieces,  place the item on the edge of a table, and slowly, carefully pull the waxed paper down and away from the colorflow piece.  Small pieces usually can be lifted by sliding a cake spatula carefully under it.  OR you can take a piece of string and wiggle it under the piece to remove it.    However I have found over the years that if made on plastic wrap it almost pops off without a problem much easier than waxed paper.  Just make sure the plastic wrap is totally smooth with no wrinkles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%