Pineapple Cake Idea's

Baking By pupplepup Updated 2 Apr 2016 , 3:56pm by pupplepup

pupplepup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupplepup Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all. I'm hoping to make a Pineapple Cake using the WASC recipe. I prefer Duncan Hines cake mix and one cup of pineapple juice instead of water. I'm hoping to poke the cake and get some pineapple gelatin inside too. What I really wanted to do was use a pineapple instant pudding mix to poke in some pudding, but Jello doesn't have pineapple pudding. 

So can anyone tell me how to make an easy pineapple pudding? Also an easy pineapple frosting. Again, I had plans for pineapple pudding, pineapple juice and Cool Whip for a frosting but no such thing as pineapple instant pudding. Kinda frustrating.

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Mar 2016 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 7

No, never heard of pineapple pudding or jello :)  My 1st thought was to just use a can of crushed pineapple, thickening the juice with some cornstarch or tapioca but not sure it would be pourable.  Why not use it as filling?  You could make a plain cornstarch pudding (scratch recipe - look it up on the internet - there's soooo much help available that way), then add the crushed pineapple &/or use some LorAnn flavoring.  That might work for the 'frosting' and filling. 

bluefox1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluefox1394 Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 7

Philadelphia makes a packaged pineapple cream cheese, you could do a frosting with it... either a cream cheese butter cream or cream cheese heavy cream whipped frosting. I've used their strawberry cream cheese in frosting before, other than being a bit softer than the regular cream cheese, the flavor was great! 

Using crushed pineapple in vanilla pudding  may work for the pudding layer. 

There is an island pineapple jello, you may have to order it online. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 7

bluefox is right about the fruit flavored cr ch.  I have tried some of those flavors.  It's a bit pricy but will give you want you're looking for.

SimplyIcedCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIcedCC Posted 1 Apr 2016 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 7

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wBMz4wGYM-f4XKECyQEodFVwB0QHjQ2xQCeMG20bmws/mobilebasic

This google doc of gourmet recipes has some pineapple fillings that you could use :D

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 2 Apr 2016 , 2:53am
post #6 of 7

There is a pineapple falvoured jello....there is also a recipe for pineapple flan??? dont know if it will help

https://www.google.tt/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=pineapple+flan+jello

pupplepup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupplepup Posted 2 Apr 2016 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for the help. The google doc of gourmet recipes will keep me busy for a long time!!smiley.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%