Friday Night Cake Club For 3/25/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 1 Apr 2016 , 5:00pm by remnant3333

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:04am
post #1 of 39

Opening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can! 

Cat

38 replies
catlharper Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:07am
post #2 of 39

Hi everyone!

Well, I was going to make a cake this week when it was taken out of my hands by a loving friend who knows how nuts my life has been this week! She is doing Easter at her house and has forbidden me to bring anything...she wants to do it all for us. I'm blessed. It's been a week of blessings. My friend, the one I told you about last week, underwent a quadrupal bypass on Tuesday. We drove down after work on Monday and spent 14 hours at the hospital with her and her girls until we knew she was out of recovery and doing well, then it was the very long drive home again and back to work the next day. So very blessed she is doing SO very well. She was taken out of ICU today and put in a regular room for the next week. 

So what do YOU have planned for this weekend?

Cat

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:25am
post #3 of 39

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend for you Cat! Glad to hear your friend is doing well :)

This was a birthday cake for a lady born in the Year of the Monkey!

[postimage id="3338" thumb="900"]

catlharper Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:30am
post #4 of 39

@Pastrybaglady ‍ that is THE cutest monkey! What kind of cake?

Pastrybaglady Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:30am
post #5 of 39

Made inside out Easter eggs for the Easter dessert and made sugar cookies with buttercream flowers inspired by @Webake2gether ‍ 

[postimage id="3339" thumb="900"]

jellybeanlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jellybeanlane Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:31am
post #6 of 39

Awe, Cat that is awesome! I'm so glad your friend is doing well and glad you have such caring ppl in your life [postimage id="3340" thumb="900"] 

Pastrybaglady Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:31am
post #7 of 39

Cake is chocolate with coffee flavored SMBC.

jellybeanlane Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 3:34am
post #8 of 39

awe adorable monkey!

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 4:23am
post #9 of 39

Cat glad to hear that you are getting to relax some.  Isn't it great when friends recognize we need a break? :-)

@Pastrybaglady your monkey is really cute & the cake sounds delish!

@jellybeanlane your cake looks great!

It was a busy week for me & I'm not done yet but need sleep so am going to bed.  I did a flower basket birthday cake for Wed, it's not my design but as the picture I was given didn't have a watermark I can't give credit to whoever made it.  The cake in the picture was done in buttercream but I don't have those kind of piping skills so I did mine in fondant with gumpaste roses.

I did a first birthday cake for today which was fun as I have also made their baby shower cake & their wedding cake.  The smash cake was my first real go at a rosette covered cake.  To the top of the main cake they are adding a cowboy boot Imade for the baby shower cake that they saved.  I'm awaiting pictures.....

Tonight I made coloring book cookies inspired by Montreal Confections that will be for my nieces for Easter.  Looking forward to seeing their creativity when they color them.  I also started a cake for an early Easter dinner at my parent's place tomorrow but it will have to wait for morning to be finished.  Still have a cheesecake to do for Sunday too.....

Pictures will follow as I never have luck posting text & photos.

kstevens Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 4:26am
post #10 of 39

[postimage id="3341" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 4:27am
post #11 of 39

[postimage id="3342" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 4:28am
post #12 of 39

[postimage id="3343" thumb="900"]

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 4:50am
post #13 of 39

@Pastrybaglady ‍ I agree that monkey is just to adorable. 

@jellybeanlane ‍ great job in the purse. 

@kstevens ‍ love the cakes. What a great idea to use the cowboy boots from the shower cake on the first birthday cake. I love the cookies and what a great idea. I am sure they will have so fun.

@catlharper ‍ glad your week was easier and that your friend is doing well.

I am making Pecan pie and  a Texas sheet cake. Waiting for the pie to finish baking. Will do the cake tomorrow.

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 9:35am
post #14 of 39

A wedding cake...

[postimage id="3351" thumb="900"]

cara1982 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 9:36am
post #15 of 39

A pug cake...

[postimage id="3352" thumb="900"]

cara1982 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 9:37am
post #16 of 39

And finally some 1st birthday cupcakes...

[postimage id="3353" thumb="900"]

cara1982 Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 9:37am
post #17 of 39

Loving everyone's cakes this week. That monkey is so cute! X

kstevens Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 12:36pm
post #18 of 39

@cara1982 that pug cake is just too cute! I have a good friend for whom it would be the perfect cake. The cupcakes & wedding cake look great too :-)

My cookies are packaged up & ready for my nieces. I had to try one out for myself & they color very nicely (using AmeriColor Gourmet Writers). Might be my new favorite way to do cookies!

Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you all get to enjoy some relaxing time with family.

[postimage id="3354" thumb="900"]

annykimmm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annykimmm Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 12:53pm
post #19 of 39

What a great week for everyone!! I love that pug cake. This week I had a girly-girl cake and a bunny  carrot cake! 

[postimage id="3355" thumb="900"][postimage id="3356" thumb="900"][postimage id="3357" thumb="900"]

jellybeanlane Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 2:53pm
post #20 of 39

wow you all did beautiful jobs! Thank you for the compliments! It was a first time try for my grandbaby I hope she likes it ... I wish you all a blessed Easter Weekend!

Jellybean :0)

Pastrybaglady Posted 26 Mar 2016 , 7:24pm
post #21 of 39

@annykimmm ‍ Your flowers are beautiful!

@cara1982 ‍ Extraordinary work as always. I hope to never make a carved reailstic animal cake, but yours are amazing!

@kstevens ‍ You are an incredible craftsman!  Everything looks like it was made by machines!

@jellybeanlane ‍ Nice purse! I hope someone asks me to make one one day :)

kstevens Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 1:49am
post #22 of 39

@annykimmm ‍your buttercream flowers are perfect!

@Pastrybaglady ‍ thanks for the kind words :-)  

Here is the cake I made for an early Easter dinner at my parent's place today.  My inspiration was a cookie arrangement by Montreal Confections.  She used an actual crate to stick the cookies in whereas my crate is carrot cake.  My grass is a little wilty looking as my cream cheese icing is pretty soft.

[postimage id="3361" thumb="900"]

catlharper Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 5:49pm
post #23 of 39

Just stopped in to say HAPPY EASTER! This week has just been SO overwhelming for me. We are headed to our friends house soon to hang out the afternoon and early evening away.

I love all the creations...don't think I could ever carve up that Pug @cara1982 ‍  and all the Easter themed treats are simply lovely! I love the cookie crate @kstevens ‍ , totally adorable!

I hope you all have a truly wonderful day with your family and/or friends. I'm looking forward to this upcoming week and this upcoming month where I have not one but TWO really fun cakes waiting for me to create!

love,

Cat

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 8:33pm
post #24 of 39

A cake for my Aunt's birthday.....lilac and white sugar dendrobiums and coffee buttercream over dark chocolate cake :)

[postimage id="3367" thumb="900"][postimage id="3368" thumb="900"]

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 8:36pm
post #25 of 39

For Easter......My bunny cake :)[postimage id="3371" thumb="900"][postimage id="3372" thumb="900"]

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 12:36am
post #26 of 39

My contribution to Easter dinners at my in-laws. An ice cream cake based on one I saw online. Easter M&Ms were added to the top at my in-laws. The chop sticks were used for transport since the cake was too tall for the box.[postimage id="3378" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 2:27am
post #27 of 39
kstevens Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 2:32am
post #28 of 39

Looks like I can't post text with photos again......  Too lazy to retype everything that was supposed to be in the above post so keeping it short & sweet this time.

My nieces enjoyed their coloring book cookies. Here are their finished works of art:

kstevens Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 2:33am
post #29 of 39

[postimage id="3382" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 2:34am
post #30 of 39

[postimage id="3383" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%