Design Help Difficult Cake!!!!

Sugar Work By Wmerrie Updated 28 Mar 2016 , 4:27am by julia1812

Wmerrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wmerrie Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 6:26am
post #1 of 8

Hi, a friend of mine is turning 50 and her husband said he wanted a "barn yard wedding wood decor stained glass floral hearts white wash wood planks"  I have absolutely no ideas at all, including the cake board deco lol 

I am doing a double 10" single 8" and double 6" 

And ideas or help would be appreciated, due next week and I don't even have a design lol

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 10:57am
post #2 of 8

could you rewrite that with some commas (and look who's asking shame on me) because there are several different ways to go depending on how you read it -- or ask the client to elaborate, add commas for you

Wmerrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wmerrie Posted 29 Feb 2016 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 8

Barnyard wedding, wood decor, glass, floral hearts, white wash wood planks! 

i don't have to incorporate everything, but basically he's looking for modern, rustic, western cake 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Mar 2016 , 1:19am
post #4 of 8

Make a small fondant or gumpaste hen house/barn and put a few tiny chicks around on the top 6" &/or the top of the lgst tier.   tier.  The barn can be made with  those whitewashed wood planks.  Then add tiny floral hearts on the sides.

Not sure how to add glass :(    To further enhance the whole thing as a barnyard maybe make a couple of horses on the bottom tier.  These can be just 'cutouts' or painted on or 3-d gp animals.  It would only take maybe 3 or 4 around a 10".  If 3-d maybe make tiny, tiny floral hearts as a necklace or branding on the horses :)  If you don't go w/the barn on top, again make it just a cutout/painted  around the sides of the lgst tier.   I sure can picture this in my head:)

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 8

I have no idea what your client is like......but maybe something like this?

[postimage id="3375" thumb="900"]

Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 8

With the inspiration I gave you can incorporate the floral hearts in the "rope tier"...you can do stained glass on the top tier and add a feature flower (just 1) everything on this cake is 2D and having something 3D would make it pop.......the bird/(s) optional :)

Creativeconfectioner Posted 27 Mar 2016 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 8

Stained glass tutorial :)

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 28 Mar 2016 , 4:27am
post #8 of 8

Maybe carve the double 10" round into a sort of vase/torso shape (narrow in the middle), have all sorts of plants and flowers growing up along the sides. Square cake on top looking like a wooden crate (white washed wood) with the flowers from underneath growing slightly into it and the crate filled with "hay" and a ball cake with stained glass effect on top of the wooden crate/ resting on the "hay"/ crate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%