Finding Cutter/storing Fondant Pieces

Decorating By Jenmarlene Updated 4 Feb 2016 , 1:25am by Jenmarlene

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 7

56b1243f41f4c.png

Where can I find these  funky scrolls, searched everywhere well I think I did. Also can I make this in advance paint them gold and still be playable

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Feb 2016 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 7

Seems tome they are an OLD Wilton cutter.  They'd be pink plastic if you can find them.

The ones around the triangle at the bottom of the ;pic most likely are just hand made.

Jenmarlene Posted 3 Feb 2016 , 1:37am
post #3 of 7

I found these at hobby lobby so the next question is can I make these in advance and paint them gold and still by playable 56b159df3a9ae.jpeg

CHickedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHickedoll Posted 3 Feb 2016 , 2:04am
post #4 of 7

Have you tried looking for the letter C cookie cutter  you might find a style similar to the one pictured  

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Feb 2016 , 2:38am
post #5 of 7

The C one is an old Wilton piping marker/cutter, I think.  But you could draw one on a piece of cardboard and use it as a template to cut around with an exacto and cut them out. You can cut the out before hand, put them on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap, then stick them in the freezer and they'll stay pliable. I'd leave them unpainted until you put them on the cake because if you're moving them and pressing them onto the cake,  the color can rub off.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 12:41am
post #6 of 7

Yeah all of  what she ^^^ said :)  

Jenmarlene Posted 4 Feb 2016 , 1:25am
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys but I'll be using a similar cutter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%