Packaging For Tall Cakes

Business By suzylynn58 Updated 21 Jan 2016 , 10:52pm by suzylynn58

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 16 Jan 2016 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 8

I want to offer 6" "drip" cakes for Valentines Day.  Since they will be so tall with the top decor, they won't for my regular boxes.  Any ideas on clever packaging?

7 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 17 Jan 2016 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 8

Have you checkout some of those shipping boxes? They are heavy duty and you can get them in just about any shape and size. :)

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 17 Jan 2016 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 8

I usually use shipping boxes as well. Sometimes depending on the client and the cake I will cover the inside with parchment paper. But they tend to work out well. Great for long car trips.

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 12:53am
post #4 of 8

For all of my taller cakes, I  use brown corrugated  shipping  boxes from WalMart.  They're  less than $1 and come in a variety of sizes that accommodate  cake boards beautifully.   I assemble the box amd tape the bottom, flip it over and slice the 2 corners of the front of the box so it folds down as a flap.  I place the cake inside, put the flap back up and wrap a few pieces of packing tape to secure the area that I cut.  Works like a charm.

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 18 Jan 2016 , 2:42am
post #5 of 8

I do the same exact as @oftheeicing  and I agree, works like a charm :)

suzylynn58 Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for all the answers!  I'm thinking more of a "gifty" look  I've decided to use an 8x8x5 cake box with lid removed then wrap the whole thing in cello and tie with a bow.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 8

suggestion -- why not keep the security of the lid -- if you cut a little slit in the top edge of the box and/or the bottom edge of the lid you can firmly affix it so it stays open and provides important coverage/protection-- just a thought

best to you

suzylynn58 Posted 21 Jan 2016 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 8

Good idea!  Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%