$50,000,000 Cake....... Yes A 50 Million Dollar Cake

Lounge By MBalaska Updated 10 Sep 2015 , 1:09am by Norasmom2

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
20 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:04am
post #2 of 21

For $50 million pounds I would expect perfection. This cake seems to be far from it. The work on the faces is terribleand arms and legs don't even have the smallest bit of detail, they are just rolls of fondant/modelling chocolate.

The gems were worth $30million (plus a bit extra for other ones on top of that from what I gather) but that still leaves a million dollar price tag for the cake.  

I wonder how this lady managed to be in a position where she can command such huge prices for what looks to be pretty amatureish work? Lucky her I guess..... If someone wanted to pay me millions of dollars to make a cakeI wouldn't say no lol.

sleaky77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleaky77 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:20am
post #3 of 21

I am completely unimpressed. 

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:22am
post #4 of 21

Sorry but there is something very wrong there.  Where's the actual cake?  There is no way that what is shown there weighs 450kg!  It doesn't even look 3 feet long, let alone 6.  It's just decorations and figures on a board.  And it's a cake which is 'completely edible' but is covered with diamonds?  This is either really bad reporting or something is majorly off.

As for the decorations...yes, lots of attention to detail but the execution is shocking.

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:25am
post #5 of 21

ow, and they had a 'strict NDA' but she was allowed to reveal the price?  I'm very suspicious.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 11:42am
post #6 of 21

It said that 17 of the jewels were worth 30 million and there were 4000 more on there, so I'd be willing to bet the cost of the non-cake itself minus jewels was around $39.95. Plus I'm sure there was some embellishment on the price, and it says it was in the UAE, right? there are a LOT of really wealthy people living there who (apparently) are looking for dumb things to spend their money on.

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 12:26pm
post #7 of 21

Oh gawd what a joke! Not only am I dismayed by the poor reporting (seems to be the trend these days), the whole thing is a sad sham.  So this chick made "designer" clothing and now wants to do cakes?? She probably forced the woman to let her do the cake.  

And I agree: where's the cake?? ANYONE can slap some jewels on a turd and claim it costs millions.

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 21

Oy. 

Where's the cake?

Did they post the wrong pic?

All I see is a hot mess with an ugly brown marbled board and some REALLY sloppy figurines.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 21

That whole thing is FUBAR.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 21

Hahaha. Her cake looks as amateurish and poor as her dresses. Not impressed at all!

What a waist of all those diamonds. ..hope none got eaten accidentally laughing.png

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 21

i was looking for another view of it and i found another $50 million dollar one from a couple years ago -- who knew

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 21

That's just a randomly covered cake with jewellery attached to it!!  Do you think if I went down to Primark and attached that to my cake, they would be worth that much? 

And they say there's no money in cake decorating...

bakernoob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoob Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 6:24pm
post #13 of 21

Wow what an ugly cake. I've seen far better work here on CC and I bet NONE of them are even close to a million!

MBalaska Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 8:50pm
post #14 of 21

The funny thing about this is.....the lady that posted it has now removed the photo of the cake because there were so many negative comments.  Not only about the waste of money but how hideously ugly people thought the cake was.

Which got me thinking.  If I made a cake and put all of my jewelry on top I could have a big whopping~~~

thousand dollar cake for my birthday HA!!!laughing.png

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 9:20pm
post #15 of 21

so i just went to look and see that the picture was taken down and i  found a slide show of it and it's a cat walk and fashion show -- it's really pretty cool -- the first collage picture was not a good picture of it -- did Not do it justice --

i really liked it when i got/saw it up close -- it's a birthday/engagement cake and the designer has some of the fashion show audience wearing some of her own real designs and she has great detail with designer purses & phones & stuff -- 

judging by that one picture it was not particularly appealing but upon further investigation it's a very cool cake -- fifty million cool idk but it has great merit...and greatest price tag of course

omowumee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omowumee Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 10:10pm
post #16 of 21

Yes i saw that earlier today.. 4000 real diamonds in a cake??? 

*Last edited by LeanneW on 10 Sep 2015 , 6:25pm
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 10:20pm
post #17 of 21

Have to jump into this - I am not a pro on makinhg figures but I think I could have done at least some of the much, much better looking than those.  I also don;'t see much actual cake.   I agree with another poster who mentioned something to the effect 'sure hope no one ate any of those diamonds'.   When you take the price tag for the jewels alone away, the cake itself only cost about a mear 2 or 3 million.  

If the customer was over the moon happy with that I wonder what they would think if they got something from one of us who could do soooooooo much better?!?

*Last edited by kakeladi on 9 Sep 2015 , 10:22pm
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 10:22pm
post #18 of 21

MBalaska Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 10:28pm
post #19 of 21

Well, I couldn't do any better, all I've ever made is a duck and an owl..... and I'd probably try to eat one or two of those diamonds so I could take it home and 'recover' it later (and buy more decorating books, and frivilous decorating toys)

*Last edited by MBalaska on 9 Sep 2015 , 10:29pm
MBalaska Posted 9 Sep 2015 , 10:43pm
post #20 of 21

.........Oh and a yellow lab, I almost forgot that little guy.  no fashion shows in my kitchen, just ducks & owls & dogs

Norasmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom2 Posted 10 Sep 2015 , 1:09am
post #21 of 21

If she got 50 million for that cake from some Saudi King, power to her!   I have seen better facial details on cakes on this site, but I would not be able to do a cake as well as she had done.  I think it was pretty darned good.   Now, I want to go to that party and get the slice of cake with the biggest diamond on it!

My only question is, the cake took 1100 hours to construct, so was it stale by the time it was done??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%