Need Egg-Free Deco Cake Recipe/adaptation, Please

Baking By bnny Updated 5 Jul 2015 , 11:59pm by kakeladi

bnny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnny Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

What a beautiful site! 

I've spent my whole life baking...I love it (place me among animals or in a kitchen and I'm happy!) 

The problem:  I've just developed an anaphalactic allergy to eggs.

Seeking genius:  I've run across *one* recipe that subs sweetened condensed milk for eggs...Would this actually *work*?  And would it work for *both* Deco batter recipes? (my cake's wouldn't be chocolate & would have flavored seltzer--or something mild--instead of Coke.  Here's the video for a regular Swiss roll make w/ sweetened condensed milk:

Why:  2 birthdays coming up in about a week.

(I've tried contacting JUNCO (to no avail) as well as the Deco Cake book's publisher, no dice.)

Essential: b/c Deco cakes bake extremely quickly--about 7 to 10 minutes.  Living in the desert, you try not to bake in the summer/heat up the house.  Also, the deco cakes are genius b/c I've r.a. and have had to give up most decorating, esp. piping.  A Deco cake is fairly easy, looks impressive and won't make my hands hurt.

Thank you so much!  I'm really looking forward to any answers or suggestions you might be able to offer <3

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 3

This might help some.   The link shows some ways to replace eggs if you scroll down some.

I didn't read the whole post about egg replacement but I know chai seeds mixed with water (& allowed to set for a time) is often used.    Never having used any method I don't know how well they work or if the tiny black seeds are seen in the finished product. 

Good luck and do let us know what works for you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%