Cupcakes For 30-35 Guests

Baking By Webake2gether Updated 11 May 2015 , 1:19am by Apti

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 7 May 2015 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 12

I searched in the forum on how many cupcakes and what I found was 2 cupcakes per person but it was for a wedding mine is for a graduation party does the 2 per person rule still apply? I don't want to misguide the lady who I'm making them for :) 

11 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 May 2015 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 12

Seems pretty standard and that is what I would state.  Problem is the quantity eaten is unpredictable.  If they are being served you could go for less.

TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 7 May 2015 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 12

That's alot of cupcake for one person.  I can't imagine that being the case for a graduation party - especially if there are several parties the same day.  I think it would depend on what the rest of her menu is as well.  I always look at what else they are serving, what time of day and where the venue is before I give an estimate/quote/suggestion.

Webake2gether Posted 7 May 2015 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 12

The party is at 7 they are having other food and it is being held at a banquet hall at one of our golf courses. I'm not sure if they are being served but I could suggest that they be served until every guest has had one :) thanks for the responses so much to learn and I appreciate the time everyone takes to answer my questions!!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 May 2015 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 12

If they are being served then she could allow for one each and a few extra if she wishes in case some are dropped.  I have found that if it is self-serve people go back for seconds especially males and even when a full meal is served.  Even worse if the males are highschool age, haha.

Webake2gether Posted 7 May 2015 , 9:18pm
post #6 of 12

She went ahead and added one more dozen so they will have 48 cupcakes total now. I also emailed her and suggested having someone serve them so that everyone gets one. So I think I've done my part. Even though this is a friend I'm trying to treat this completely like a business deal so that I gain experience for when we are able to sell. 

So basically weddings it should be 2 cupcakes per person and parties or other types of celebrations 1 per person with a half dozen or dozen extra is what I'm gathering from this post :) 

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 10 May 2015 , 2:10am
post #7 of 12

No. I have never heard/ read that it was ever more than one per person. One discussion was about "mini" cupcakes, where people feel like they should get "one of each" flavor.

With standard size cupcakes, one per person is normal, and acceptable. It really is plenty. No one can dictate rude guests who make take more from a buffet, but I think most people understand, it is "one per person". 

If you are feeding the high school wrestling team, then you may want more...;)

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 May 2015 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 12

One way to help assure the "one cupcake per person" is to make all the cupcakes the same flavor.  The second you introduce a different flavor, you'll get people that want to "try both flavors"; especially if they taste fabulous.

Just imagine that you're dealing with a 1st grade classroom full of kids and you've got the idea...

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 May 2015 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 12

I was surprised to read two per person!  My friends are always saying, "Anyone want to split one with me?"  I'm always saying, "Oh just eat it!"  I need less dainty friends.

Webake2gether Posted 10 May 2015 , 5:27pm
post #10 of 12

These will all be one marble flavored with vanilla buttercream :) I suggested her having someone serve them it's a graduation party so possibly some hungry teenagers lol. Thanks for all the tips!! 

And who spilts cupcakes??? A good one is never shared or maybe I'm just stingy ;) lol 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 10 May 2015 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 12

Skinny Asian women, that's who!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 11 May 2015 , 1:19am
post #12 of 12

Quote by @Webake2gether on 7 hours ago

it's a graduation party so possibly some hungry teenagers lol.

like I said, just like a 1st grade classroom full of kids.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%