Could Anyone Check My Website On A Mobile Please?

Business By Edible Art Co Updated 31 Oct 2014 , 11:33am by Edible Art Co

Edible Art Co Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edible Art Co Posted 29 Oct 2014 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 11

I don't have Internet on my phone (it's a relic :P) please have a look and tell me if you spot any errors or faulty links, please and thank you :) it's www.edibleartco.com  

10 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 7:52am
post #2 of 11

I took a look but none of the links worked for me.  I was tapping but nothing happened.  Your work looks really nice and the pictures I did see look very professional.

Edible Art Co Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 10:25am
post #3 of 11

Thanks Pastrybaglady, I checked in the 'preview' mode (it's on Wix) and everything seems to work... anyone else please care to try it? Thank you :)

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 10:33am
post #4 of 11

AAll the links work for me. The website is beautifully set out and the pictures are great. One point - clicking on each photo took me to a page with more information except the wedding cake photo went straight to an order form. Did you plan this? Or should the enquiry form be a separate link in itself on the home page?

Edible Art Co Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 10:36am
post #5 of 11

Thank you winniemog, that contact form is (meant to be) on the bottom of the wedding cakes page, is it possible that when it loaded for you it skipped down the page somehow? I'll take a look.

Edible Art Co Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 10:39am
post #6 of 11

Well it's working fine in the preview... grrr technology!

freesia777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freesia777 Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 10:50am
post #7 of 11

AOn my phone all of the links work. A few things of note that in your preview mode that may not be immediately visible:

Your logo in the upper left corner is really really small. I have an older iPhone which I know is a lot smaller than some of the current smart phones, but on my screen I cannot make out the name of your company.

On your prices page, it says to fill out the form "on the right" to get a specific quote, but the form is actually at the bottom of my screen, under the map and your Terms and Conditions. There isn't any room on the screen for something to be on the right.

(Not trying to offend by being nitpicky- just trying to be through for you since you mentioned you don't have a smart phone)

Edible Art Co Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 11:00am
post #8 of 11

Thanks freesia777, it isn't very flexible with displaying the logo (I've faffed with it before) but you are right. Good point about the 'on the right' part, well spotted! I'll see what I can do with the top picture, thank you so much! Nit picking is welcome when it's meant well! :D

Edible Art Co Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 11:35am
post #9 of 11

I've made the logo bigger! A little perseverance eh :) thank you all for your comments, you've been most helpful x

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 12:19am
post #10 of 11

The text "cupcakes" on the main page is wrapped so it looks like "cupca ke", with the "ke" on the second line. Also, I can't access it at all from my Nintendo 3DS (which uses mobile viewing). It gives me an error saying "cannot display for mobile viewing." Probably too much java script. Using my pc with the Firefox browser (with the program 'No-script') I cannot view it at all without enabling scripts. I don't know if smartphones can view scripts because I don't have one, lols. So if it's just me that can't see it then ignore the bit about the 3DS.

Suggestion: center your Title texts (Birthday Cakes, Wedding cakes, Other occasion cakes, etc)

Flavors page: the decorative flower bullets overlap some of the text.

Cake Gallery: Wedding Cakes text and photo isn't aligned with the others

Keep in mind I am using the Firefox browser and not all websites are compatible with it. It may look just fine in another browser.

One last thing... The font you are using for your headings doesn't portray the same elegance as the page does. Comic Sans is something I use for fun, cheap stuff. I'm not saying it's bad, but a slightly more refined font may be better. just my opinion though.

Edible Art Co Posted 31 Oct 2014 , 11:33am
post #11 of 11

Wow thanks, lots to look into! I think I've checked all is in line now. There's not a lot I can do about the flower bullets (they just will be overlapped - can't see another way of doing it). I have tried a different scripty font so please let me know your thoughts! I don't know anyone who uses Firefox so that's all good to know, thank you :)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%