Help With Fondant Flowers Please!!!

Decorating By danielle1986 Updated 6 Aug 2014 , 10:23pm by kakeladi

danielle1986 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danielle1986 Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 7:09am
post #1 of 6

AI'm making this cake in a few weeks but I've also got another cake to do the same weekend. So to not be stuck doing everything that weekend I want make somethings in advance. The cake has shoes on I won't be doing shoes I'm doing giant roses it's the smaller flowers down the side I'm wondering about. Should I make them in advance and stick them on the side or will they break? Am I best doing them on the day and sticking them on the cake. Help please thanks xx[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3272472/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 7:44am
post #2 of 6

HI danielle1986

You can make sugar flowers in advance for any cake. Always allow flowers to dry out prior to storage. I would advise that you arrange the flowers on the cake....preferably THE DAY BEFORE delivery, to ensure that they are firmly attached! Thinned out Royal Icing makes a great glue for the job! Breakages are unlikely, tough handle with care!

Good luck and Happy baking! HTH!

Margaret393

danielle1986 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danielle1986 Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 6

AThanks very much :-)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, definitely make them ahead.   Much easier to handle then if you made them fresh as you decorated.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 5 Aug 2014 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 6

If you make the flowers in advance, you can also allow them to dry in curved formers to shape the petals so that they sit away from the cake as in your picture. I just use plastic paint palettes for small flowers like these. You can also dust them in advance too, then all you have to do last minute is stick them to your cake. Royal is definitely the best "glue" for this.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 6

For no cost curved drying use empty styro egg cartons

NOW before there is an uproar - *wash them well!* with lots of hot water & soap before using to remove any possible salmonella.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%