My First Birthday Cake!!!

Decorating By vicky764 Updated 7 Jun 2014 , 11:28pm by dirtycakes

vicky764 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky764 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 9

A[IMG][IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3247188/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/IMG]

Finally finished my first birthday cake. Very pleased with the result and the effort definitely paid off.(thank god for cake Central and YouTube) Had a hiccup with one of the legs falling off when I got it to the hall but luckily managed to fix it. Birthday girls were very happy! Onto the next one now :)

8 replies
KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 9

great job!

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 9

That is one cute cake, well done you x

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 9

That's your first??? Crikey that's brilliant! Well done :)

vicky764 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 9

AYes, I made a one tier cake just so I could see if I was any good at putting the fondant icing on it, practised doing the figures a few times (the first attempts were awful) with the help of every video on YouTube I could find and just got some ideas from google images for the cake. I am pleased and really want to carry on making cakes now. just want to know how to get the cake more neat as you could see the outline where I layered the cakes through the fondant ( if that makes sense) I put a layer of buttercream and jam between the layers. Thanks for the replies x

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky764 

just want to know how to get the cake more neat as you could see the outline where I layered the cakes through the fondant 

Can't see the outline from the photos. If you can see the outline, I think you're probably rolling your fondant too thin :)

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by petitecat 

Can't see the outline from the photos. If you can see the outline, I think you're probably rolling your fondant too thin :)

I cant see anything either, but its possible you didn't settle and chill the cake long enough before applying the fondant and that's maybe it plus as petitecat says fondant too thin.

(But if you hadn't said we'd never have noticed...still cant)

dirtycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dirtycakes Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:28pm
post #9 of 9

Cute cake! I like the figure's cleavage. ;-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%