What Tip Is Used To Make This Ruffle?

Baking By Kamstor Updated 23 May 2014 , 12:30am by MBalaska

Kamstor Posted 22 May 2014 , 1:13am
post #1 of 7

Can anyone please tell me which tip is uses to make this ruffle and how to do it?  I tried a Wilton 2d but cannot get my ruffle to turn out.  Any help would be appreciated. 


Thanks Happy Baking.






6 replies
lcubed83 Posted 22 May 2014 , 1:18am
post #2 of 7

That looks to me like scrunched strips of fondant, rather that butter cream.  

Kamstor Posted 22 May 2014 , 1:40am
post #3 of 7

Icubed83, I would agree with you and thought that at first till I saw various pictures that give the recipe for the cupcake and the frosting but no tips on how to do the ruffle.   :smile:

MBalaska Posted 22 May 2014 , 1:55am
post #4 of 7

the icing looks flat so it may be the carnation tip.

kakeladi Posted 22 May 2014 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 7

I'm not so sure it's the 150.  It could be from one of those 'new' sets (maybe 15 yrs ago now haha)  But there was a set of tips that did similar designs.  I think today they can purchased separately but can't recall the #s anymore.

MBalaska Posted 23 May 2014 , 12:30am
post #7 of 7

I'm not so sure either, it could just be a rose tip.  Sometimes you just have to go to the source for the answer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%