Battery Operated Rotating Display

Decorating By primacakesplus Updated 27 Feb 2014 , 10:11pm by primacakesplus

primacakesplus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
primacakesplus Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 12:38am
post #1 of 10

I saw an older thread asking for a turntable that turned a 50 lbs. cake. I am actually looking for a turntable that only needs to rotate a 5 lb dummy cake. Does anyone know of any turntables? I can't seem to find one that does not cost over $100.

Thanks for your help

Jenn

9 replies
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 3:33am
post #2 of 10

I went to a model car show with hubby and saw a black felt covered rotating turntables that I immediately went home and ordered.  So glad I did.   It holds up to 35lbs and you can easily change it from fast to slow.  I want to say it came from American Turntables.  The box says AutoArt Rotary Display Stand.  I bought two.

primacakesplus Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 8:57am
post #3 of 10

ADenise do you know how long ago you bought it? I can't seem to find what you are describing. Do you think you could take a picture of the box and post it? Maybe that will help me find it.

cakemonstercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemonstercakes Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 9:18am
post #4 of 10

I found a you tube video that showed me how to make one from a rotating bbq part and some mdf - perfect and a fraction of the cost of a bought one. Hope that helps

primacakesplus Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 10:31am
post #5 of 10

ACool. Thanks cakemonstercakes I will have to check that out. Do you know if it was battery operated or plugin?

cakemonstercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemonstercakes Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 10:34am
post #6 of 10

If I remember rightly there was an option for either - I have delegated my husband to build if for me, but he is working on a project for me to build a train track that will carry a cake train at the moment.

primacakesplus Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 11:03am
post #7 of 10

Wow a train to carry a cake that is awesome. Thanks again

DeniseNH Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 1:20pm
post #8 of 10

FOUND IT!  U.S.A. Turntable, LLC  And I believe the one I got was their largest (for hobbyists) at either 10 or 12" and was around $20.  So glad I found them.  Hope they're still in business as this was about 5 years ago.

DeniseNH Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 1:32pm
post #9 of 10

Ok, never mind, that didn't work.  I just went on Amazon.com and found one that's similar made by Daron for around $30 but there's only one left..  Looks like the company I did business with went out of business or was bought out by someone else and the name changed.  But you should be able to go into any hobby shop and ask if they have some.  Lots of times turntables are used to display prized items the hobbyist put together over several labor intensive hours.

primacakesplus Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 10:11pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for all your help Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%