Storing Fondant

Decorating By gmsotto Updated 6 Feb 2014 , 3:12am by gmsotto

gmsotto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmsotto Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 5

AHello Everyone - I'm a Newbie on this site And a Newbie at cake baking/decorating. My 16 year old daughter & I are hoping to start our own small business. :)

My Question: How long can marshmallow fondant be stored and reused??? I have several colored chunks double wrapped in plastic wrap and double bagged in zip lock bags.

Thank you.

Gina

4 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 5

ABefore it actually goes bad, the consistency of it will change and make it un workable. I would suggest just giving it a test..if it's workable you're good to go :)

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 5

Depends.  Sooner or later you'll open up one of the colored packages and will see darker blotches of that same color.  Toss it out.  But I keep extra white MMF in greased Ziploc bags in a closed container in my cold basement and it seems to last at least a month or two.  I tend to use the leftovers to cover Styrofoam dummies.

CMLayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMLayton Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 2:21am
post #4 of 5

AI am also a newbie here. :) I have kept my fondant triple wrapped in plastic and in a ziploc bag for about six weeks with no problems with taste or consistency! Good luck with your business venture.

gmsotto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmsotto Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 3:12am
post #5 of 5

AThank you for your input. I appreciate it. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%