Best Cake Supplies Only Site

Decorating By Rossana67 Updated 14 Jan 2014 , 5:19pm by shanter

Rossana67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rossana67 Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 7:09am
post #1 of 7

AHello everyone

I've bought tools and supplies for my cakes but they are super expensive. I cant afford those prices but I need so many tools and supplies for my cake decorations. Can anyone please tell of the best online stores or sites that arent so expensive? Please

6 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 7:29am
post #2 of 7

AQuality equipment costs!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 8:00am
post #4 of 7

You get what you pay for.  Better to have fewer quality items, than lots of low rent junk.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 7

It will take you longer to build your toolbox but buy quality from the beginning.  I made the mistake of getting the "bargain" tools when I started out and it ended up costing me more in the end.  I replaced them all except for my ball tool.   The others are just sitting in a box in the basement - not very cost effective.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 4:58pm
post #6 of 7

A

Original message sent by JWinslow

It will take you longer to build your toolbox but buy quality from the beginning.  I made the mistake of getting the "bargain" tools when I started out and it ended up costing me more in the end.  I replaced them all except for my ball tool.   The others are just sitting in a box in the basement - not very cost effective.

Yeah what she said^^^^^^^

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 7

I don't know where you are, but If you have a Michael's near you, or a Hobby Lobby, they usually have a 40% off coupon (you can print it from their web sites) once a week, so if you pace yourself, you can get some nice, reasonably priced stuff.

http://weeklyad.michaels.com/coupons/?storeId=2038&promotionCode=Michaels-140112

http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/coupon.cfm

You can also print more than one coupon for a store and have a friend/relative buy another 40% off item for you.

Watch out for Wilton stuff. Some is okay, a lot is not. Wilton fondant and candy melts are okay for not-to-be eaten things, but they taste terrible, IMHO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%