Business Name Ideas???

Business By fidelis118 Updated 15 Oct 2013 , 4:26am by kikiandkyle

fidelis118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidelis118 Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 10

AI was wondering if anyone could help me name my cake business or at least throw some ideas my way.

A little about me.

My name is Tiffany. I live in Bermuda. I am a single mother. I am going to be working from home. I do both buttercream and fondant cakes. I really want something short and sweet for my name.

Cake Orchard is standing out in my mind but it really reminds me of fruit and I feel like I'll be obligated to put fruits in all my cakes which I don't want to do.

I specialize in small cakes and cupcakes. Cupcake towers. Like these: http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/cupcake-stand-gallery

I didn't make those but I'm on my iPad and can't upload pictures at this moment. So that link is to just give you an idea. Small cakes on top with cupcakes surrounding.

I may want to get into cookies as well.

Any ideas so far? I can give you additional information if needed.

9 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 10

ATOWER OF FLOUR!

Heh.

Ok, I got nuthin else.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 10

ABermuda Bakery Bermuda Buttercream Tiffany's Tasty Treats Bermuda Bake House

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 10

AI like the double alliterations, SecretAgent.

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 10

AI like Cake Orchard! When I picked my bakery's name, I knew I wanted it to be more elegant and sophisticated sounding, so people would think of it as high end and not cutesy. There are a lot of cutesy cupcake shops around where I live: sweet tooth fairy, cutesy cakes, sugar daisy, etc. I named mine Citrus Spice Bakery. Not everything I bake has citrus and/ or spices in it, but I thought it sounded elegant and not babyish.

fidelis118 Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 12:15am
post #6 of 10

AThank you everyone. It's been helpful. I'm going to write them all down and think about it some more.

fidelis118 Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 12:16am
post #7 of 10

A

Original message sent by sarahgale314

I like Cake Orchard! When I picked my bakery's name, I knew I wanted it to be more elegant and sophisticated sounding, so people would think of it as high end and not cutesy. There are a lot of cutesy cupcake shops around where I live: sweet tooth fairy, cutesy cakes, sugar daisy, etc. I named mine Citrus Spice Bakery. Not everything I bake has citrus and/ or spices in it, but I thought it sounded elegant and not babyish.

That's good to know about your business name. Because I really like cake orchard. I got that book you suggested I get. (The cake bible.) because like you said, I didn't like the box banana cake recipe as much as my scratch cakes! Thank you for the suggestion!

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 12:42am
post #8 of 10

AYou'll love the Cake Bible. The whole back section is for professional bakers making wedding cakes, and has charts for modifying recipes for all the sizes of cake pan.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 12:49am
post #9 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

TOWER OF FLOUR!

Heh.

Ok, I got nuthin else.

lol

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 4:26am
post #10 of 10

ASomebody was watching Backyardigans today...

I agree that you need to make sure your name projects what kind of bakery you want to be and what kind of customers you want to attract. I've done the same with mine, picked an elegant name to attract clients that want to feel like they made a sophisticated choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%