1/2 Football Cake??

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 8 Jun 2013 , 3:32am by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 9:37am
post #1 of 8

Can anyone tell me how to make 1/2 of a football cake, sticking out of a cake? I dont have a foot ball shaped pan...is there a smaller pan I can use or bowl so I dont have to cut pieces of cake and try to get the sides the same?....

7 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 11:28am
post #2 of 8

ADo you want half of a football on its side or pointy end up?

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 8

ADo you mean a soccer ball?

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 8

A

Original message sent by Godot

Do you mean a soccer ball?

I forget that other countries call soccer football...

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 8

I would use a pyrex (tempered glass) bowl and then just round off the base a bit more - it should give you enough of a rounded cake for a football.

2txmedics Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 8

Football, pointy side up....I found it last night on a CCer's page...Im looking for it now to show you all ...but she had a foot ball, point up...iced like a football, ontop of that she had a graduation cap...it was coming out of a flat cake that looked like it had been slammed into a football field.

2txmedics Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 8

Ok, I found a cake like I want the football...I can NOT find who made this cake to give credit where it needs to go, or to contact them to ask how they did it....dont know what I was thinking at 4am....but I would like a football like this...but not big....maybe about the size of small nerf football....

then I know I can cut the top point at an angle...to place graduation cap or make one....I dont have a pyrex bowl this small....any ideas???

Thank you ahead of time...I have to start this cake today or can add the football....

2txmedics Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 3:32am
post #8 of 8

I did it!!! I bought two things, one was a small bucket at Michaels and the other a med. size clay pot...I used that one first...its not your basic flower pot, its the one shaped more like a rounded bell...and it worked!!!

Not bad for a first timer doing this cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%