How Many Cups Batter In Wasc Recipe?

Baking By kjskid Updated 15 Mar 2013 , 12:45am by cakestomuch

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 6

Do you know how many cups of batter are in a WASC recipe using 1 box mix?  I need to make an 8-layer rainbow cake, and I'm trying to figure it all out!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 6

7-8 cups per box mix

this is with the 18.5 oz box

IHeartCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHeartCupcakes Posted 15 Jan 2013 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 6

AI made one the other day and was able to get two 8" round cakes and I had a little batter left over. With the new size cake mixes, I get approx 6.5 cups.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jan 2013 , 1:33am
post #4 of 6

There really isn't any reason to know how many *cups* of batter.  Just know that it is the same amount of batter as if you made 1 and 1/2 boxes of cake mix - more than  enough batter to make two 8"x2" layers plus a few cupcakes.  It is the perfect amount to make one 10" square; OR one 9x12x2 sheet; or a whole lot of other sizes/combinations :)

I never measure cups of batter.  What a messy & wasteful opperation:(  You fill a pan at 1/2 to 2/3rds full. 

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 12:43am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi 

There really isn't any reason to know how many *cups* of batter.  Just know that it is the same amount of batter as if you made 1 and 1/2 boxes of cake mix - more than  enough batter to make two 8"x2" layers plus a few cupcakes.  It is the perfect amount to make one 10" square; OR one 9x12x2 sheet; or a whole lot of other sizes/combinations :)

I never measure cups of batter.  What a messy & wasteful opperation:(  You fill a pan at 1/2 to 2/3rds full. 

It does matter is you want to do a rainbow cake and want to know how to divide the batter for different colors. I have always used the WASC recipe so I have no idea how many cups of batter are in 1 1/2 boxes of mix.

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 12:45am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

7-8 cups per box mix

this is with the 18.5 oz box

Thanks K8memphis. That was the answer I was looking for when I googled it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%