Trouble With Global Sugar Art..

Decorating By megg5 Updated 5 Dec 2012 , 10:20pm by costumeczar

megg5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megg5 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 10

I LOVE Global sugar art! They ship quickly and have a wide variety of products! I dont buy frequently as im just a small LEGAL at home bakery!

With that being said, My last two purchases, my card number got hacked!!! AHHH

The first time I wasnt sure as to how or where my number was stolen! So i went to the bank and filed fraudulant(sp) charges! It was taken care of by my bank...a bit drawn out, but i couldnt use my account or card. My bank sent me a new card to use, which i just activated and made a purchase off global sugar art! Low and behold my card was hacked again TODAY!! UGHHH.

Now im upset because this was the only purchase I made and the card hasnt left my house! So i called global sugar art today to see if anyone else has had issues with stolen card numbers. The lady was very nice and right away said their accounts were compromised in september. So just off a whim I asked when my second to last purchase was... and guess what...it was in SEPTEMBER!!! So im a little mad that twice now my card number has been stolen from my online purchases from them.

This post isnt to bash them...I would just like to know how many other cakers out there had this happen to them? Im irritated because I havent been able to use my bakery account for about a month now, because of clearing up all the fraud charges of around $2,000 plus! My bank has been great in this process...but im scared now to purchase anything through them?!! Although I do love global sugar art.

So anyone have any issues with this?

9 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 10

Ohhhhh no. I thought they fixed this. There is (or was) a big thread about them and acknowledgement that they had been hacked. 

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megg5 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 10

thank you! Im just trying to get more information for when I talk to a person in their "account department"

tracyaem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracyaem Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 10

Get a new card and find a new supplier. That's what (most of) the rest of us are doing. There are still reports from a few days ago of more fraud, despite the great new system that's supposedly in place.

megg5 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 7:48pm
post #6 of 10

has anyone tried to pursue any further action?

I mean the more I read the more I see that it has happened to some people 3+ times!

cortneykotzian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cortneykotzian Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 10

AMy sister is a police officer who used to work as a detective in the Internet crimes department. Businesses websites gets hacked all the time, its often not the fault of the business but the fault of the companies these businesses trust to keep their cc transactions secure. Once you file a claim and the bank refunds your money, you are no longer the "victim" the bank is. The banks investigate these crimes very throughly, if anything suspect comes up with this company's cc practices they will be prosecuted.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 10

I have posted an official response, and will continue to update the community regarding this situation here:

http://cakecentral.com/t/751327/anyone-having-trouble-with-checkout-security-at-globalsugarart/90#post_7339165

tediver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tediver Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 10

I recently (Nov. 2012) purchased The Mat from Global and low and behold today I got a call from my bank telling me there was suspicious acitivity on my account and sure enough they were not my purchases so now my card is closed and I have to order a new card and wait.  No good!  It tell me they have NOT fixed the problem and I WILL NOT buy from them again! icon_sad.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 10:20pm
post #10 of 10

I only use paypal or a prepaid disposable credit card for ordering online from GSA and CK products, they've both had the same fraud  issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%