Who Here Makes Scratchsf Vanilla Cake Recipe?????

Baking By Danilou Updated 7 May 2014 , 1:04am by waggs

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 8:05pm
post #61 of 74

AHi ScratchSF, I saw the recipes for sale, does this mean that you are selling them as a collection? Not individually? I had contacted you about the yellow recipe a few weeks ago. Sadly, I am pretty poor right now, so if its the collection, I'll have to wait. I'm sure it's worth every penny! Nancy

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 8:26pm
post #63 of 74

AThanks! I'm seriously poor right now, but will definitely save my pennies for the recipes. I've heard they are fabulous! Nancy

patelad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patelad Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 3:09pm
post #64 of 74

I bought the recipe and it is definitely worth a try. Its straightforward, easy to follow directions, and comes out great, and tastes great!

I also tried her Swiss Meringue Buttercream, first time trying swiss meringue, and it too came out beautifully!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 5:59pm
post #65 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Hi everyone!  Yes, I will have it for purchase very soon.  I'm sorry for delay, and I would appreciate anyone not sharing it if you have it.  The new version is almost done and will be back up next week.  I don't want to get busted for "advertising" here, as links to where it can be purchased were deleted by management, so please make sure you follow me via my Facebook/Etsy store or send a PM.

Thank you for supporting small business!

Also, nobody has my permission to add the recipe to Cake Central's recipe archives, I will report it and have it removed.  Thank you again!

Hello Jennifer (FromScratchSF) I've had your original white cake recipe for a long time,  and even though I still think is the best white cake recepie ever ;-D I'm so excited to purchase the updated version and try the different variations !!! :)  I know you worked on it for a long time and I'm so happy for the great outcome! I'll look for it in your website or your Etsy store. Thank you!!!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 7:54pm
post #66 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie2 

Hello Jennifer (FromScratchSF) I've had your original white cake recipe for a long time,  and even though I still think is the best white cake recepie ever ;-D I'm so excited to purchase the updated version and try the different variations !!! :)  I know you worked on it for a long time and I'm so happy for the great outcome! I'll look for it in your website or your Etsy store. Thank you!!!

Rosie, it's available.  Please see Mimi's link above :) 

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 9:30pm
post #67 of 74

ADoes her edited version actually have any changed to it or just that the typos have been fixed? I've got her original changes (and variations) that she adapted off from a cake central recipe ages ago and it's pretty good.

JWinslow Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 9:45pm
post #68 of 74

Danilou,  I didn't compare the two.  I am thrilled with the edited version, not just for the base recipe but for all the different versions with details.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 9:53pm
post #69 of 74

There are definitely some changes to it; not to the recipe itself that I could see, but additional information about flavor variations and some other info that I can't remember right now.  Even though I have her recipe from when it was on her blog, I still purchased the newer version so I had all the information available and to support a small business.  I think it was definitely worth the cost.  I know she's gotten extremely busy, but I've been looking forward to her blog post on "when it's done", but she may not have time to go into that any more.  She had talked about it with her original 3-part recipe research.

JWinslow Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 9:56pm
post #70 of 74

Thanks Gerle.  I'm very glad I purchased it :)

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 7 May 2014 , 12:00am
post #71 of 74

Just wondering if this makes good cupcakes??  Right now I use the WASC recipe but would like to start baking from scratch.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 7 May 2014 , 12:18am
post #72 of 74

I use it for both cakes and cupcakes and have never had a problem with either one.  Love this recipe!

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 7 May 2014 , 12:18am
post #73 of 74

APretty good!! I made the all yolk with vanilla last week, filled with RLB passionfruit curd and SMB. My husband took 1/2 into work and my MIL took the other half to her cards group. They all loved them. The cupcakes don't get a high dome but they're pretty good. Also I get much better results with this recipe in my new William Sonoma cupcake pans than the crappy patty pans I used to have.

waggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waggs Posted 7 May 2014 , 1:04am
post #74 of 74

ALove, love, love this recipie. I have had it saved on cc, not realizing that it was removed when she started selling it. I had a panic attack,as I needed it for my nieces bridal shower. I purchased it, and it was the best investment I ever made! Lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%