North Texas Bakers

Decorating By rdjr Updated 15 Aug 2012 , 11:55pm by sillywabbitz

rdjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdjr Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 12:31am
post #1 of 17

Has anybody been ro cake carousel in richardson TX? Do they have non dairy whipped frostings like ice n' fill, whin n' ice, or rich's bettercreme?

16 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:25am
post #2 of 17

you can buy a bucket of bettercream already whipped from Sams bakery,

BethG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethG Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:37am
post #3 of 17

Anything that Sams uses in there bakery you can purchase.

auntiem9597 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiem9597 Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 17

I'm not sure if they have what you are looking for, but I have been a few times and I have never left empty-handed!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 17

Yes they sell liquid Rich's Bettercreme. That's where I buy it. I think it's a bout $9 a quart. But since they're the only supplier that will let me buy small quantities it works for me.

You have to ask for it because they keep it in the fridge. They also have sleeve fillings that they sell that they keep in the fridge because they repackage them.

rdjr Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks for the replies! I have bought the pre-whipped from sams but I dont have enought freezer space and its hard to smooth after a while, I think I will have to take the 45 minute drive to Richardson.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 17

perhaps you can call them? just in case they're out of stock before you take the drive?

metria Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 17

i'll be visiting my brother in Dallas in a couple weekends, and i hope to have some time to stop by this place. let me know if there's anything else cool for me to check out there!

sillywabbitz Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 8:48pm
post #9 of 17

rdjr,
Where are you located? If you're closer to Ft. Worth Elizabeth's cakes might carry it. Cake Carousel has all sorts of fun stuff.They have a MASSIVE chocolate mold selection.

Metria, my favorite thing at Cake Carousel is their new line of cake boards by Dallas Foam. The boards are white, thick and greaseproof. All you have to do as add the ribbon. No covering the board! I love them. They're probably a little pricier than drums but I love that they don't take all that extra work of covering the board.

metria Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 17

sillywabbitz, yes! i know what you're talking about! thanks, i'll make a mental note to stock up on those ... had completely forgotten about them.

rdjr Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 8:57pm
post #11 of 17

sillywabbitz, I'm closer to Ft. Worth, I might call them to see if they have any, do you know where their new location is? its not on their website, thanks.

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 9:08pm
post #12 of 17

I live in Southern Oklahoma so I'm excited to check these places out next time I'm down that way. There is absolutely NOWHERE to purchase anything where I live, aside from Hobby Lobby which is fine if I run out of a gel color on occasion but their selection is very limited. That's why I normally order everything I need. Does anyone know if they carry Fondx, Satin Ice or anything comparable at these places? Shipping charges are killing me and I'd like to stock up next time I'm in DFW. Online shopping is great but there's nothing like being able to pick something up and really give it a good look before you buy it.

Tyler4250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tyler4250 Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:42am
post #13 of 17

Hey Kendra, I know Cake Carousel has Satin Ice. Not sure about the rest.

sillywabbitz Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 3:05am
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr

sillywabbitz, I'm closer to Ft. Worth, I might call them to see if they have any, do you know where their new location is? its not on their website, thanks.

Here you go
http://www.elizabethscakesupplies.com/contact_us.html

It's on the contact us page. I've actually never been there. I've just heard good things about it.

nic7nac8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nic7nac8 Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 4:36am
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr

Has anybody been ro cake carousel in richardson TX? Do they have non dairy whipped frostings like ice n' fill, whin n' ice, or rich's bettercreme?

Hi, I'm new to all of this but I went to Cake Carousel last week and loved it! I follow them on Facebook and they posted a message saying that they are closed unexpectedly tomorrow so I just wanted to share that so you don't waste a trip.

rdjr Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 11:52pm
post #16 of 17

nic7nac8, thanks for the heads up about cake carousel being closed.

Sillywabbitz, thanks for the link, i had been looking at their old website, I called them and they do have bettercreme but the were out, they are going to call me when they have it though, Im going to make a red velvet with cream cheese flavored bettercreme with lorann oils!

sillywabbitz Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 11:55pm
post #17 of 17

You can also add a littl cheesecake pudding into the bettercream and it gives it more body. If you add too much pudding it will make a mousse consistency

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%