Lindt Wht Choc Bars Substitute In A Major Hurry Here!

Baking By tal Updated 26 Jun 2012 , 6:04pm by tibrado

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hello CC,

I went to start making my Ital Mer Wht Choc BC icing today and discovered that I purchased MILK choc from Lindt - arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have called everyone in our area to see if they carry white choc - NOT!!!

What possibly can I substitute for a good white choc to use for this recipe? I need about 40 oz of it.....

Thank you so much and hope to hear from SOMEone VERY SOON!

Lisa icon_cry.gif

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 4

Lisa you really really have to say WHERE you live before anybody is going to help you.

In Canada you would head over to BulkBarn for Belgian white choc wafers at $8/lb or Metro/FoodBasics for their house brand bars.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 4

If you're near any Publix supermarkets, they sell the brand mentioned in Rose Levy Berenbaum's book, Green & Blacks...and just the other day I found Godiva white chocolate bars there...I bought one for $3.49

Both G&B and Godiva's have vanilla specks in them, and both are delicious.

tibrado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tibrado Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

I have not tried this recipe, but i just googled, how to make white chocolate.
http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2011/07/how-to-make-white-chocolate-in-less.html You may have worst luck finding coco butter than white chocolate.
I know that white chocolate chips aren't the same as they have emulsifying agents, but would probably do in a pinch. (Not many white chocolates have coco butter anyways).
And not sure what you've tried but:
Have you called food co-op shops? Specialty grocery shops are more likely to have high quality ingredients than your local chain grocery store.
Have you tried checking your local mall to see if they have a Godiva store?
Try going on google and type your location followed by "cake supplies"
Tried calling your local bakeries, talk to the owner and manager and see if you can try and talk them into selling you the ingredient?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%