Buttercream Flower Tutorials

Decorating By ScrumdidlyCakes Updated 10 Jun 2012 , 10:46pm by JWinslow

ScrumdidlyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ScrumdidlyCakes Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 2:09am
post #1 of 9

Hello! I was trying to find some tutorials on strictly Buttercream flowers. Any ideas? Thanks!

8 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 9

If buttercream roses are on your list, I made a video.

Click on the link in my signature line below.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 9

You might also want to search for an older book by Richard Snyder called "65 Buttercream Flowers" that is out of print but is usually available on many different online sources like ebay and abebooks. I swear by his recipe and detailed instructions.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 12:19am
post #4 of 9

seriouscakes on youtube She doesn't make any new videos but the ones she left up are still pretty helpful.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 12:48am
post #5 of 9

HI, if you want to book on them. Buy one made by Roland Winbeckler. It is great. I have also taken classes with Gail Hyatt from S.C. and i am taking demo at ices convention with Lucinda Larson. (queen of b/c . as they say.) . Everyone doesn,t want g/p flowers or fondant flowers or modeling choc. flowers(know how to do them all) they want b/c. I like to know how to do them all. You won,t go wrong buying Rolands book. It doesn,t cost much.YOu can even buy it from globalsugarart.com. Good Luck. hth I forgot to mention Linda Reese. I have her cd's on beautiful flowers, landscaping, etc. She is great also. There are more i am sure. I am just familiar with the ones i have mention. The Cake Lady(Frances Kuyper) she is deceased now, She made beautiful flowers. I have all her materials too.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 3:40am
post #6 of 9

Here's a link for the Serious Cakes youtube videos which are EXCELLENT!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 4:09am
post #7 of 9
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow

Found this by Roland Winbeckler - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzP6xRQUls&feature=related

Thanks! I enjoyed that video and also another video by him about making an ice cream cone based owl with buttercream.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 10:46pm
post #9 of 9

Your very welcome. I haven't tried making a rose on a stick yet but I think his tutorials will help.

Jeanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%