Cake Stacking Systems

Business By ChristineCMC Updated 22 May 2012 , 2:45pm by mslane22

ChristineCMC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineCMC Posted 13 May 2012 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 5

I'm a hobby baker and when I stack my cakes I just use the tea straw method. I've decided that I want to invest in a cake stacking system as with my husband coming from a large family, we always need a lot of cake. Transporting them even across town makes me cringe. I've been looking at both the Bakery Craft SCS but am leaning towards the hobby set from Stress Free Supports.

Thoughts... Ideas.... What do the professions use?

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 May 2012 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 5

It's SPS from Bakery crafts.

SFS is also very good, but crazy expensive and has lots of little parts you have to keep up with.

SPS does an excellent job, is cheap, sturdy, easy to use and disposable.

Obviously, I think SPS is da bomb.

ChristineCMC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineCMC Posted 19 May 2012 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Leah for the advice. I went with the SPS from Bakery Crafts. I figured it would be a good start since they were so much cheaper than the other SFS I was looking at. You just saved me a lot of money. Although I'm sure I will spend it elsewhereicon_smile.gif

I have to say I was very impressed with the SPS system and will never go back to tea straws. I felt like my cake was secure and for the first time didn't feel like I needed to worry about it tipping or sagging. I even tipped the cake slightly to see if it would hold and yes it did. Not sure what I would have done if it didn't other than cry. The only thing I need to work on is making sure my cake level is 4" and not less.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 20 May 2012 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 5

I love my Stress Free Support System. It will accommodate any height cake that I make and the legs can't come off which I LOVE.

I use the straws for small party cakes with no trouble at all. For wedding cakes I use the Stress Free rings. I do take a $150 deposit on them in a separate check that is returned when the rings are returned. In the 6 and a half years I have used them I have only had three sets "lost". The brides had to pay for the rings and all was well. If they are out of town brides they mail them back to me.

I had 3 full sets until October when a set was lost so I have plenty of rings and legs of all sizes.

mslane22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mslane22 Posted 22 May 2012 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 5

Try this website:
www.cakestackers.com

I found them online but to my surprise their store front was here in my area of Raleigh, NC! They were even gracious enough to show it to me personally. The cost could be more than you want to pay but I'm telling you it is amazing! Because of the plates all being joined together, the cake won't move! They a
re selling so many now that they have had to outsource just to keep up. People all overy the world are buying them. Maybe it will help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%