Fill Cupcakes

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 24 Apr 2012 , 2:22pm by Kahuna

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 10

sorry if this is really stupid, but to fill cupcakes with raspberry buttercream do you just jam the icing tip into the cup cake and squeeze or is there another way that works better ? Thanks

Sue

9 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 10

If you have the bismark tip, then yes, but be careful how much you squeeze in or you'll break the cupcake.

Your other option is to use something like an apple corer and take out a center core and fill that. Some will put a bit of that removed core in for the top, before icing. But I'd just ice right over top. If you watch Cupcake Wars you'll see that most of them use the center core and just fill and ice.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 10

Yah, what she ^^^ said icon_smile.gif
I have used tip 3 to do what you suggest.

sandyvrc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandyvrc Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 10

i just got a cupcake corer at williams s. it was like $4, and they have some at target too, im sure similar stores do as well.

ButRCream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButRCream Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 10

I bought a plunger-style cupcake corer which is okay, but takes out too much of the cupcake for my personal taste. An apple corer works much better in my opinion icon_wink.gif

cakemama2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama2010 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 10

I stick my finger smack down the center. With clean fingers, of course!

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 10

I insert a large star tip and squeeze in some filling until it *feels* right...unless it is a really thick filling (like homemade caramel) then I use a paring knife to cut out a little core and fill it that way.

de_montsoreau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de_montsoreau Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 11:40am
post #8 of 10

I use the tool that is originally for shaping melon balls. Works great with cupcakes, too icon_smile.gif. You can either cut of the "cap" and put it back on the Cupcake after filling or simply ice over as already mentioned.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 11:59am
post #9 of 10

Ditto dukeswalker. I used to use the Bismark tip, but a 20/22 is easier.

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 2:22pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much for the help, I have a lot of them to do and was not looking forward to experimenting. You guys are the best!! Thanks so much.

Sue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%