Martha Stewart Baby Block Cake

Decorating By Cher907 Updated 6 Mar 2012 , 9:40pm by Cher907

Cher907 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher907 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to do one of these for a baby shower in April. I was also brought the Martha Stewart cake. It looks simple but everyone is talking about how much work these little suckers are. Any tips for decorating or advice on how I should charge here?

http://www.marthastewart.com/265615/baby-block-cake?czone=entertaining/baby-showers-cnt/baby-showers-recipes¢er=276963&gallery=274215&slide=227138

Thank you!!

3 replies
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 4

The hardest part is chasing those little suckers around to ice them. Put each square in the freezer first. When hard they'll be a lot easier to ice. Then place them on a non skid pad and ice away. Keep the rest in the freezer until needed.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 4

Hopefully someone who has done these, will help give you a price.(it would be plenty if i had to do them) and well worth it. Very nice, but a lot of work for you. How many do you have to do?

Cher907 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher907 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 4

The website mentions a 9x13 halved, stacked and cut into 9 blocks. They want it the same size just with different colors. I'm hesitant to give a price quote because I've read that so many people would not do these again due to how labor intensive they are. I'd love to get one under my belt but don't want to do kill myself for nothing. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%