Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan

Baking By julesh268 Updated 1 Mar 2012 , 6:38am by sillywabbitz

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 2:19am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I bought this pan and figured that I would get the recipe/directions off of the Wilton site. Well, the only recipe they have is for pound cake. And, the pan received terrible reviews because the top and bottom are different sizes and presumably would bake at different rates.

Has anyone used this pan? Did you use a box cake (doctored or not) and how did it turn out?

Thanks!

3 replies
jena2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jena2727 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 4:31am
post #2 of 4

I has only used it once and discovered the same as you AFTER purchasing! I used 2 box mixes, DH. I baked the top first, left the pan cool and then Baked the bottom. can't remember the cooking times...

I did read a lot of reviews on it from people who cooked all at once or added the top part way through!!

Good luck!!

olleharr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olleharr Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 4:50am
post #3 of 4

I used a box cake with mine. After a failed first attempt at baking I searched the internet and found a tip to bake this cake with the large end of the pan (the bottom of the cupcake) toward the back of the oven and the smaller part toward the oven door. That seemed to work good.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 6:38am
post #4 of 4

I bake the top and bottom separately as well. I'm paranoid about over baking cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%