Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find Leaf Molds/cutter??

Decorating By leasey Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 4:00am by grandmomof1

leasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leasey Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:16am
post #1 of 10

Hi! This is my first post, so hopefully Im doing it right!
I have been searching for some kind of push mold for leaves. I have to make fondant leaves for a wedding cake and I cant find any anywhere. I see some great leaves on CC with the lines in them. Would LOVE some ideas on where to find them. Thanks!

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:22am
post #2 of 10

I use the Sculpey studio leaf sets. They've got a cutter and a veiner for each leaf in the kit. They work for cookies too (put fondant on top and use the veiner on that). It's not a push mold, you roll the fondant, use the veiner and then cut the shapes. Dry on crumpled foil for a natural shape.

Sunshine0063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine0063 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:41am
post #3 of 10

I used wilton push pad on my cake, it worked really good but took alot of time, I wasn't able to find a plunger in the town I live in. If you have a cake specialty shop in town or if you have time try global sugar art for a leaf plunger.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:51am
post #4 of 10

You might find the Makin's mold in the clay dept. of Michael's or other craft store.
http://www.nycake.com/leavesclaypushmolds.aspx

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:27am
post #5 of 10

I like plunger cutters because you can get the lines right on them instead of having to impress each one. Other than that, Jem has a great set of a ton of different leaf shapes and then you can use veining mats to give them their lines.

leasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leasey Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:49am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

I like plunger cutters because you can get the lines right on them instead of having to impress each one. Other than that, Jem has a great set of a ton of different leaf shapes and then you can use veining mats to give them their lines.

I love the plungers too. Do you know who carries them?
Thanks!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:10am
post #7 of 10

Lots of site sell the plunger-cutters. Just put "leaf plunger cutters gumpaste" into Google.

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 10

PME makes the plunger leaf cutters and GAS or any of the other sites will carry them and try in Michaels in the clay department, they have some leaf plunger cutters.

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 3:47am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I use the Sculpey studio leaf sets. They've got a cutter and a veiner for each leaf in the kit. They work for cookies too (put fondant on top and use the veiner on that). It's not a push mold, you roll the fondant, use the veiner and then cut the shapes. Dry on crumpled foil for a natural shape.

where can I find the sculpey sets you mentioned? Does Michael's or Hobby Lobby carry them?

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 4:00am
post #10 of 10

Global sugar art gives really fast service. I just placed an order on Monday and received it today. I did not pay extra for fast shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%