Raspberry Flavoured Cake Minus The Seeds

Baking By lexytiara Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 2:29am by lexytiara

lexytiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexytiara Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 5:55am
post #1 of 15

Hi everyone im new here and have searched the recipes only to come up empty. At my wedding i had cupcakes that were chocolate with raspberry cakes mixed together well thats what there site describes and they were amazing. However finding a recipe for raspberry cakes that dont actually use raspberries is proving impossible. Unless there is some sort of way to get rid of the seeds short of straining them does anyone have an ideas?. I do have raspberry flavoring but never used it before not sure if it would give me a fake taste or not. This is for my sons second birthday cake next weekend so any help would be appreciated thank you so much love this forum

14 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 7:39am
post #2 of 15

If the flavoring is fake, it can be detected.

Why are you worried about getting the seeds out? It takes only seconds to do the job. Just process and strain.

I use a fantastic extract from Olive Nation. You won't have time to get it shipped, but the puree is simple. If you want stronger flavor, reduce, but watch it carefully, as it reduces quickly.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 11:03am
post #3 of 15

Seedless raspberry jam is available in some places. I will tell you that trying to strain the seeded raspberry jam is a task you do not want to bother with. It takes an inordinate amount of time to get a couple of teaspoonsful....I know, I tried. Check on line you can probably order the seedless variety.

scp1127 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 11:05am
post #4 of 15

I forgot to mention that frozen raspberries work fine for the puree.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 15

In many cake supply shops one can buy seedless raspberry filling in a plastic sleeve.
Another option is the seedless jam mentioned above - found in many grocery stores.
Last option would be to strain puree - made from fzn berries as someone else mentioned.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

Seedless raspberry jam is available in some places. I will tell you that trying to strain the seeded raspberry jam is a task you do not want to bother with. It takes an inordinate amount of time to get a couple of teaspoonsful....I know, I tried. Check on line you can probably order the seedless variety.

I am a raspberryaholic!!! I use the seedless raspberry jam or preserves in cakes and in buttercream.(it works really well!!) icon_biggrin.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 15

To get rid of the seeds, just get a pair of brand new tights (pantyhose maybe??), cut off one of the legs, put your puree in it, tie the end and squeeze it. Comes out great.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 12:49pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

To get rid of the seeds, just get a pair of brand new tights (pantyhose maybe??), cut off one of the legs, put your puree in it, tie the end and squeeze it. Comes out great.

I'll give this a try. Seedless jam is not available here and I too love the flavor.

lexytiara Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 10:35pm
post #9 of 15

Thanks for all the tips as i said im new to this so i assumed straining raspberries would be a tedious and messy task ill try and find some seedless jam preferably not so much sugar and preservatives since its for my sons cake so that will be a fun challenge lol. You guys are awesome!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 11:53pm
post #10 of 15

Hero makes a raspberry Compound that has no seeds and tastes great. Used like an extract, but thick and syrupy and made from real raspberries.

scp1127 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 2:09am
post #11 of 15

Straining the raspberries takes only seconds. Shopping takes hours. I'm not sure why you are worried about straining raspberries.

lexytiara Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 8:51pm
post #12 of 15

like i said in my last reply im new to this and assumed it would be a tedious and messy job hope that clears that up icon_smile.gif im going to do some test work with a flavoring i got today lorann oils ill let you know how it turns out

scp1127 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:43pm
post #13 of 15

lexy, I was the first person to respond and in that post I explained that it only took seconds. So your subsequent posts about purees have been a little confusing.

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 11:52pm
post #14 of 15

I would just strain-its very easy thumbs_up.gif

lexytiara Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:29am
post #15 of 15

used the oil and worked out great did some test cupcakes can barely tell its fake flavour!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%