Fondant/gumpast Blackpberry Phone

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm by MissCuteCupcakes

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 5

i have a order next week for a Vans sneaker cake along with a blackberry phone that does not need to be cake.

on ideas on how i can make one out of fondant/gumpaste or any other medium that would be easy. my biggest worry is the size of the buttons, since they are sooooo small.

TIA!

4 replies
elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 5

Rice krispie treat (My BB Torch is probably just about that size) would be a good idea..and then just covered in fondant or modeling chocolate and score the keypad instead of doing individual buttons. Just an idea-Good luck HTH

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 5

Have you thought about using a chocolate mold. They have them made to look like all sorts of things. I use the different color Wilton candy melts in mine. I have a cell phone, tv remote mp3. I'll bet you could find a blackberry if you had time to order it.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 5

I don't know if you have a Blackberry, but I used some make your own mold putty from Micheals and made my own. Then I used candy melts, and painted wiith dusts and black icing color. It came out really nice. You can see mine in my pics.

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 5

wow, what great ideas!

@ elizaBakesi searched online for a chocolate blackberry mold but couldnt find any.

@All4Show the rice krispie treat sounds like a good idea

@snocilla and so does the mold putty from michaels. i do own a blackberry but would the kit affect my phone snocilla

the customer sent me a image of the blackberry that she would like, would a edible image work??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%