Where To Buy Over 700 Sugar Flowers

Decorating By kodeblue Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 4:02am by Lcubed82

kodeblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kodeblue Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 12

My wife has to do cupcakes for a wedding. The customer wants 5 different flowers on each cupcake and over 700 flowers in all. Where can we get some good deals on flowers to buy this many?

11 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 12

You could try Caljava but I'm not sure what kind of deal you would get..I sure hope your wife is charging and arm and a leg for 700 flowers..I know I would be...LOL

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 12

ebay had some great bargains in the past, that's a lot of flowers for one cupcake even for simple ones. Let us know what she does in the end. Those will be quite expensive cupcakes

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 12

Leah_S is always recommending a place she buys from. Here's the thread. She says pricing is great. You might want to PM her.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=672049&highlight=&sid=21ebbedd178d1e5cdd2b5ea332ab594e

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 12

www.avalondeco.com ( Remove the spaces) (Mod edited to provide working link.)

I know that this site has been recommended many times before, but can`t remember who had recommended them.

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

Leah_S is always recommending a place she buys from. Here's the thread. She says pricing is great. You might want to PM her.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=672049&highlight=&sid=21ebbedd178d1e5cdd2b5ea332ab594e

Thanks for posting the link to that thread. I could not remember where I saw the link.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 12

::runs into thread::

Yes - www.avalondeco.com. David is the best. Tell him I said hi. I don't know if it will help to drop my name, but you can try. He certainly knows me from ordering over the years. "Leah from Louisville."

kodeblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kodeblue Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks for the replies. I am waiting to here back avalon. As far as cost goes on the cupcakes, wife said she has no idea yet. I guess it depends on flower cost. The bride wants 5 flowers on each cupcake....a cala lilly, hydrangea and maybe a sweet pea flower I think she said lol. Maybe I will research and see what everyone is charging for cupcakes here.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 12

www.discountsugarflowers.com is where I get everything; LOVE their stuff

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 12

I have purchased them from either wholesalesugarflowers.com or cakedeco.com and had good luck with both,

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:58pm
post #11 of 12

I like to purchase from David because he's a small business - like most of us.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 4:02am
post #12 of 12

Wow, at these prices, I don't think I will make flowers myself!! It takes me hours!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%