Small Cake With Cupcakes For A Wedding?

Decorating By stephicra Updated 21 Sep 2011 , 7:49pm by vgray

stephicra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephicra Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 7

Hi guys, I have a question that I'm hoping you can help me out with! My cousin is having someone do cupcakes for her wedding, but she approached me a few weeks ago to see if I'd do a small, two-tiered wedding cake so she would have something to cut. How big do you think I should make the tiers?
I would ask her, but she has so much going on and I know she'll just tell me 'whatever you think is best!'
Thanks in advance!

6 replies
elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 7

Will it stand alone or be atop a cupcake stand. If it's a stand alone it should probably be 8" and on a cake pedestal or else it will look kind of pitiful and insignificant. If it's on a tower, I'd do a 6". HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 7

For a two tier I suggest a 9" or 10" base topped with a 5 or 6"er. This give the best look IMHO icon_smile.gif

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 7

I would do 6 and 8... Small enough... But still a good size

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 7

Before you bake, you may want to be sure your cousin's contract with the other baker does not state no other cake products from other bakers are allowed. If the other baker sees your cake she may not leave the cupcakes because your cake would cause your cousin to breach the contract. Just a thought...

stephicra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephicra Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 7

My aunt is doing the cupcakes. No problems.

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 7

lol that's good! I agree with mplaidgirl2 on the 8" and 6". They can cut the 8" for the photos and freeze the 6" for their one year anniversary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%