Will This Design Work?

Decorating By Mamatoboys Updated 17 Sep 2011 , 11:57pm by Mamatoboys

Mamatoboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatoboys Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake for a friend's 16th b-day. She designed the cake herself. She wants a 3 tier cake with mini cupcakes surrounding the top tier. I was thinking of 10", 8", and 6" , but worried about how that will look when the cupcakes go around the top tier. Any thoughts?

4 replies
AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 5

I don't think cupcakes are going to fit. That would only leave a 1 inch border around the top tier. Maybe use 12, 10 & 6???

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 5

sorry......I just read again and realized you said "mini" cupcakes. still my mini cupcake liners say 2 inch??? maybe you can take your pans stack them upside down, and put the empty liners around the tier to see if they fit?? At this point i may have been more confusing than helpful icon_redface.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with another creation. Those sizes wont leave you enough of a ledge for the mini's. I am afraid even with a 4 inch difference it will be tight. Did she make up this design or did she see it somewhere? Could you do cake balls instead of mini's so you could control the size?

Mamatoboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatoboys Posted 17 Sep 2011 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies! She made this up herself. She really wants cupcakes. She's doing a "sweet" 16 party where the cake will be covered in different candy and she wants cupcakes too. I'm thinking a 12", 10", 6" will be the best option. I may see if she'd be okay with the cupcakes around the bottom tier. That would be easier. Thanks for the input!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%