Homemade Fondant Stuck To The Mat

Decorating By ngandara Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 5:23am by ngandara

ngandara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngandara Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 4

I tried to make jade colored MMF. It was really hard when I tried to roll it out so I put it in the microwave for about 30 secs to soften it up. I have the MAT that I use to roll it out on and when I did this is got stuck to the mat and didn't work : ( Any idea what I could have donr wrong? I did not hve a problem when I used a light yellow homemadr MMF

3 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 4

The adding coloring had added additional moisture. You can try adding more powdered sugar or even cornstarch.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:56am
post #3 of 4

You may have put it in the microwave too long as well - 10 secs at most at a time. What kind of mat are you using? Silicone works well. And some people like cornstarch to roll out fondant, but it has never worked for me. I use shortening. You can always add more icing sugar to un-goo it too!

ngandara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngandara Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 5:23am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the advice! I bought the MAT and sweetwise.com. I guess I don't know what kind it is, but I have used it a few times and it works great. This time was my homemade fondant and it didn't work : ( I'm sure I put it in the microwave for to long : /

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%