Gumpaste Flower Help Needed! = )

Decorating By Wnt2BACakeStar Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 3:33am by SweetToothCakesbyCrystal

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 8:01am
post #1 of 9

Ok so like the amature that I am I made a ton of petals for some stargazer and tiger lilies that I am making but I totally like a dork left them out to dry without inserting the wires into them! Now I'm not sure how to go about fixing this....If anyone can offer any help I would appreciate it soooo much! Thanks in advance!

8 replies
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 9

Depending upon the thickness of the base, you can heat your wire, (I use the flame of a votive candle on my work table), and insert it into the petal. This has worked for me on several occasions.

Hope this helps you, especially after having gone through the effort of making a ton of petals! icon_biggrin.gif

Jan

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 9

Do they *have* to be wired? Just put them together layered w/gumglue &/or a tiny ball of fresh paste. I almost never wire flowers.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 9

I have never forgot my wires lol but that is ok, Were you gonna place the wires into the cake? Hopefully not without something to protect the cake but, if you want to just place them onto the cake without wires how about possible putting them together with some colored melted chocolate? This way no wires all edible. Just a thought.

Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 9

No I was actually going to wire the individual petals then put the stamen in and floral wire them and put them in a holder to be place into the cake. Although now that I'm thinking about it I may take this suggestion and glue the wires on with chocolate!

Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 8:23am
post #6 of 9

Just an update in case anyone ever has this issue! lol The melted chocolate worked like a charm!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 12 Sep 2011 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnt2BACakeStar

Just an update in case anyone ever has this issue! lol The melted chocolate worked like a charm!

icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 12:14am
post #8 of 9

Ha, that's what I was going to suggest when I first started reading this.

SweetToothCakesbyCrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothCakesbyCrystal Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 3:33am
post #9 of 9

Just brush a little bit of egg white onto the back of the petal, place the wire, then put a really thin little strip of gumpaste over the wire and let them dry. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%