Evacuating My Home Due To Fires In Texas

Lounge By fedra Updated 8 Sep 2011 , 11:56pm by JulieMN

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 30

I've evacuated my home in South East Austin due to the immenent fire danger that my area is facing right now. My best friends parents lost their home in Bastrop county yesterday due to the large fire and my cousins have also evacuated their home on Marble Falls. I'm praying to god that everything turns out ok. I have two cake orders this Saturday and I am not sure if I will be able to complete them. Nothing else really matters at this point as long as my family and home are ok. Please pray for us in Texas!

29 replies
jeartist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeartist Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 30

So sorry for your situation. I'm near Houston and friends of friends have already lost their homes. Prayers for your safety and rain so everything can get back to normal soon.

Lori123456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori123456 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 30

I'm sorry you're facing this. I hope the best for you and everyone there. Take care and stay safe!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 30

May God be with you and your family!
Remember God IS in control. Even if the unthinkable does happen He can turn your loss into something good. He will restore unto you what you loose.

ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 30

sending my prayers to your family and your friends. Be safe and have faith.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 30

May the Lord hold you and all those in danger in the palm of his hand... Amen......

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 30

I am hoping that you and everyone else out there are safe and can return home quickly.

CarolinaCakeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaCakeMom Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 6:11pm
post #8 of 30

Praying for you!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 6:49pm
post #9 of 30

Hope you got to take some sentimental things with you! The main thing is your safety, but it's still nice to have those certain items safe as well in case the worst happens. Praying that you CAN make those cakes in your home and all is well!
Hugs from a former Texan!

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 30

I don't pray but I hope everything is ok for you. I'm happy to hear your evacuating to keep your family safe.Make sure you take all your pictures and anything else sentimental. Everything else can be replaced. Memories are whats important.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:09pm
post #11 of 30

Praying for you!

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 30

Praying all will be ok. I too have family all across that area and they are watching the fires very carefully.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:36pm
post #13 of 30

I am so sorry for everyone there. Our famiily will pray for everyone and I really do hope your home survives..Be safe.

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:39pm
post #14 of 30

Oh My God I hope you all stay safe over there. usaribbon.gif

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:44pm
post #15 of 30

It's so horrible! Prayers have been going out on this end (Clear Lake/NASA Area, TX)!

(((HUGS)))

instant-gratificaketion Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 9:45pm
post #16 of 30

Just in case it's needed, here is a fb group to let people know you're okay and hear about others.

https://www.facebook.com/weareokayinbastrop

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 10:25pm
post #17 of 30

I will pray for you and your family!

kakeladi Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:09am
post #18 of 30

I just read the headlines on the internet that over 500 homes have burned in that area icon_sad.gif
Please everyone, keep the prayers going that *her* home is not one of them.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:20am
post #19 of 30

Fedra, you are in my thoghts and prayers. I'm glad you've evacuated so that no matter what, the most important thing, your family, will be safe.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:32am
post #20 of 30

Prayers sent your way. I love Austin, hope the fires end soon!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 12:49am
post #21 of 30

I am sending prayers your way and to all those in Texas. I pray all of you are safe.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:30pm
post #22 of 30

Oh what a terrible thing to happen...sending prayers to you and your family and to everyone in Texas in the path of these horrific fires. Stay safe!

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:41pm
post #23 of 30

Prayers going out to you and your family. I have family in the Austin area and have been praying for a quick end to the wildfires.

instant-gratificaketion Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 6:48pm
post #24 of 30

I know this isn't all that important right this second, but it might be to SOMEONE...pass it along if you can!!! My dear friend Josie Drenner owns a photography business in Southeast Texas and posted the following:

Photos can NEVER be replaced, but I would still love to help some of the families that have lost everything in the TX wildfires have some new family photos just in time for Christmas. If you or someone you know has lost their home & all of their family photos, post the story on my photography page wall so that everyone can help me pick the 2 families that will receive a free family portrait session. My prayers are with all who have been affected by this horrible tragedy.

https://www.facebook.com/jolo7403

Elcee Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:05am
post #25 of 30

Thinking of you today, Fedra...hope everything is OK.

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 2:30am
post #26 of 30

Thank you all so much for all your prayers...they helped!! I will be allowed back home tomorrow. My home, thankfully, was spared. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for my neighbors 6 doors down. I have so much to be grateful for: my family, home and my WONDERFUL supportive cake community friends. The couple who ordered a cake from me this weekend lost their home in the fire also. They were going to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary there. When I look towards the hills near my community, it's all charred, black and smothering. The central Texas community has been very giving and generous. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.
Fedra

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 3:05am
post #27 of 30

sending lots of prayers to you and your family!

kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:30pm
post #28 of 30

PRAISE GOD! How wonderful He is to us.
Yes, there are mamy who were not spared and we pray God will not only replace what they have lost but with an increase icon_smile.gif

Thank You so much for keeping us updated.

Elcee Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:49pm
post #29 of 30

Thank you for letting us know how you are! I'm so glad you were spared. I will continue to hold your friends and neighbors in my thoughts and prayers.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 11:56pm
post #30 of 30

Keeping you and your community in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%