Fondant Ribbon

Decorating By BizCoCos Updated 4 Sep 2011 , 3:38am by graciesj

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone, I have a cake due on the 12th and it will have a fondant ribbon around each tier, how do Ikeep the fondant from drying out and still be able to make them ahead of time, do I roll them around something and then put in fridge covered in plastic wrap, Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

5 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 6

My suggestion would be to do at the same time as covering ur cake. In my opionion that sort of thing can't be done ahead of time.

Tinacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinacakes Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 6

you can do the actual bow part in advance and do the ribbon t hat goes around the cake at the same time you are putting the fondant on.

SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 6

Definitely agree. If its your first ribbon, I highly recommend using parchment paper to cut it on, then lift it still attached to the fondant ribbon to press the ribbon onto the cake. That way it won't stretch out while you're applying it. I love parchment paper!

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 6

Great tip regarding the parchment paper. Thanks!

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 3:38am
post #6 of 6

I wouldn't place it in the fridge though. the bow can actually be made the same time as the ribbon, just place supports in the bows and to make the ripple effect. and leave it overnight to dry. In the morning remove the supports.
If you haven't made them before do a trial run, 1 great tip I get from our fellow cc members is practice practice practiceicon_smile.gif good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%