I Have A Bermuda Triangle Over Me - Fudge Frosting Recipe?

Baking By Wildgirl Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 11:50pm by DSmo

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 16

First I lost my glasses, then some other items, now I cannot locate the recipes I used for that last anniversary cake - it was a particular peanut butter cake and one part of the filling was a Chocolate Fudge Frosting. I have looked everywhere - I now really want to find that frosting recipe!!
I thought I had gotten it from here, but the recipe that comes up uses a fudge topping and I know this one did not. Am I going crazy?? Where in the world did I get this recipe? I know I printed it off online, but all searches are coming up futile. By any strange chance, have you seen a recipe for Chocolate Fudge buttercream with no fudge topping (and no eggs - just a regular recipe that was exactly like eating soft fudge!)

And if you can tell me where to find my glasses I'll send you a cake. thumbs_up.gif

15 replies
instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 16

I'm not sure about the chocolate fudge buttercream, I will look, I think I might have one, but have you checked the top of your head for your glasses?

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 16

Hi,
Ummm.........Are your glasses under the sofa? Just a guess! icon_biggrin.gif

This recipe sounds delicious! I'm going to have a look, no eggs and didn't use a fudge topping, ok back soon............

Wildgirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:08pm
post #7 of 16

Wow - thanks everyone! The Crusting Chocolate Fudge Buttercream seems like it might be it.... although I don't remember it saying "crusting".... but it sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for the links! I want to print off some of those peanut butter cake ones too. Just what is wrong with my brain lately?!

And those glasses - they've been gone a couple of weeks now - we had overnight company and I know I didn't leave our bedroom/bathroom area with them on (I wear contacts most of the time). We have all looked everywhere - except where they are. icon_evil.gif

instant-gratificaketion Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 16

I'm sure you'll find em...but judging buy the way things happen to ME, probably not til after you buy another pair! Always happens that way...good luck with the frosting!

Wildgirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 16

I did just order another pair - I'm blind without contacts!!
Thanks so much for all of your help!

JamAndButtercream Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:21pm
post #10 of 16

Hope you find your icon_cool.gif (sorry couldn't resist putting the smiley on! icon_smile.gif )

instant-gratificaketion Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:40pm
post #11 of 16

JamAndButtercream, thanks for posting those links! I totally bookmarked! PB & Chocolate....mmmmm. icon_smile.gif

Wildgirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:44pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by instant-gratificaketion

JamAndButtercream, thanks for posting those links! I totally bookmarked! PB & Chocolate....mmmmm. icon_smile.gif

I printed that one out! Now hopefully I won't lose it.

instant-gratificaketion Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:45pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by instant-gratificaketion

I printed that one out! Now hopefully I won't lose it.

thumbs_up.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 10:45pm
post #14 of 16

Are they on top of your head? My fifth grade teacher used to run around frantically looking for her glasses when they were right on top of her head. And do you think any of us said anything? icon_evil.gif

Wildgirl Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 10:50pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Are they on top of your head? My fifth grade teacher used to run around frantically looking for her glasses when they were right on top of her head. And do you think any of us said anything? icon_evil.gif

I wish! These glasses never move off of my nose while I'm wearing them - I can't see a thing without them! Funny about your teacher though - poor woman! icon_lol.gif

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:50pm
post #16 of 16

I once lost a pair of glasses. Couldn't find them for months. Finally ordered new ones (because I couldn't renew my drivers license without them). Fast forward about two years... My daughter was looking at a magazine that had been tucked in the pocket on the back of my car seat... She looked in the pocket to see what else was in there, and guess what she found!!! All that time I thought for sure they were in the house. Never even thought to search the car. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%