How On Earth?

Decorating By bluedaisies Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 9:35pm by BizCoCos

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, check out these beautiful cakes http://www.cakesbycremedelacreme.com/border_gallery.html

Any tips/tricks/info on how I learn to do this decorating? The ones that to me look like acrylic paint on the cake. So beautiful.

3 replies
patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 4

not realy sure but maybe a stencil that red and gold one is awsome it would be great to produce a cake like that and say i mde it wouldnt it absolutely beautifull ill have to keep an eye on this post, sorry im no help at all

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 4

Most look like royal icing.
I remember in 7th grade our art teacher made us study scrolling like that over and over. He said it's used everywhere. never thought I'd be using it on cakes. I'm horrible at it too. These are beautiful. Something you can do with some studying and patience.

The Damask (black and white) looks like a edible decorative print sheet wrapped around the cake... and judging by the 25% addition to the price, it probably is. They must order it from somewhere rather than making it, hence their cost is more... so the customer pays the mark-up.

Chocolate ribbon and straws are chocolate. Nuff said. icon_smile.gif

Now don't get me wrong... I am nowhere near the level of accomplishing cakes like this... so please don't think I'm saying like anyone can do it.

They are beautiful... but i'm willing to bet there are plenty of pro's on CC that can pull it off or explain some technique. icon_smile.gif

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 4

I checked them out, very beautiful---ok, most of these can be done with a stencil, you still need a certain level of skill, look on the internet or ebay. Some of these, had to be done by hand, which is very labor intensive. You can also have your own stencils made in any design you desire, I forgot where. Try practicing with royal icing. good luck, thanks for showing us the site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%