Need Help With Amounts Please :) And Gfs Pans?

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 2:37am by kakeladi

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 3

I have baking to do for Sunday for 90 people for an Open House / Grad Party.

My friend would like Lemon Bars, Texas Sheet Cakes and Peanut Butter Cookies with no butter (?!).

She was thinking 3 tryas of Texas Sheet Cake. I see they are typically done in a jelly roll pan. I do have half sheet cake pans, if I used them would I just double the recipe for the jelly roll pan size? I also have 16 x 16 pans I could use too..would I triple the recipe if I use that pan?

Has anyone used the GFS half sheet pans/jelly roll pans? Are they good for the Texas Sheet Cake?

Thanks so much! I don't have much time for planning.

2 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeesbaking

I also have 16 x 16 pans I could use too..would I triple the recipe if I use that pan?

According to the Wilton chart, it takes 15.5 cups of batter for 1 layer, 2 in.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 2:37am
post #3 of 3

Instead of trying to figure out what size the jelly roll/Texas sheet cake pan is &/or how much batter to use just use the sheet pan you already have. You say it's a 1/2 sheet but what size is it? Figure out how many 2x2x2 pieces you can get from it. If your pan is 12x16x2 you need the amount of batter from 2 cake mixes. That will tell you how many times you need to bake. It serves 48.
There would be 128 servings from two 16x16x2 cakes. And you would need the amount of batter from 4 mixes. (I don't do scratch baking so you'd have to figure that out yourself).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%