Is There A Sturdy Cake Leveler On The Planet?

Decorating By sweetartbakery Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 7:30am by CookieD-oh

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 6

HI! I've been on a mission to find a good cake leveler. I have a super old Wilton with a very study blade and notches that click it into place....then the unheard of happened. While training new staff, I forgot to mention proper stacking of the dishes (yes, we have a method). End result...bowed blade.

I have bought the new wilton which is absolutely the worst product I have ever seen! I tried fat daddio's which I will send back today. The blades shift and bow.

what I'm looking for is a really solid blade that won't bend or flex around. I saw the agbay (sp?) but its expensive and I'm afraid of another flop. I saw the video but can anyone tell me if the blades are sturdy and how easy it is to adjust. does it click in or have notches to hold its place?

5 replies
crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 6

AGBAY AGBAY AGBAY! icon_biggrin.gif
I too tried some less expensive options and you are right...the blade bows and they produced a horrible result. I bought myself the single blade Agbay for mother's day and it was the best money spent EVER!
Every time I use it I tell the family how much I love it. The blades are so sturdy and it works like a charm.
Yes, it's more expensive but I would buy it all over again. I think you will find that lots of bakers here use it.
Hope that helps,
Sherry

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 6

AGBAY

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 6

AGBAY! And if you are working out of a shop, spend the extra money and get the double blade! It levels and tortes all at once (time-saver)

And in my opinion, the leveler should never come anywhere near the sink! It comes with a blade cleaner and once the blade has been scraped you can wipe the blades CAREFULLY (guaranteed someone will get cut) with a damp cloth and then I use a disinfectant wipee after that.

sweetartbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetartbakery Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 1:22am
post #5 of 6

Ok, I'm buying it!
I do own a shop so its not hard to twist my arm into the double blade! it looks like a beefy man tool! Ha ha! My decorating partner is a guy (a former contractor) so he'll be thrilled with this! I think we have more tools from Lowe's for cakes than anything else. The leveler is the one he couldn't build me! I'm excited and didn't even order it yet! Shall I surprise him? This might show how sad our lives are... hee hee. A true thrill is showing up to work and seeing a new tool!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:30am
post #6 of 6

Surprise him! Lol! My hubby went over my Agbay with a fine-toothed comb and ended up being incredibly impressed with how well it's built. He almost loves it as much as I do, and he doesn't even bake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%