Kitchenaid Coated Beaters! Argh!

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 5:25pm by dchockeyguy

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 6

Pretty sure I'm on my third coated beater at this point. Each one has chipped even though I have been very careful with them. The brandished beaters cannot be put in the dishwasher which I find ridiculous and nonhygenic.

Anyone else pulling their hair out over this? I see some silicone coated ones by other brands on Amazon and GSA, but looks like they only work with lift head KA's. Mine is not that kind of model.

5 replies
robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

This isn't quite related to the paint chipping, but I've purchased a Beater Blade recently. I haven't received it yet, but this is it here: http://amzn.to/nKv8xH

It looks like it's still coated, but having the rubber 'wings' for the bowl scraping would probably cut down on the chipping a little bit I would think. Just thought I'd mention it in case you found it helpful. When I finally receive, I'll post my thoughts on it! icon_smile.gif

madcobbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madcobbler Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 6

I wash mine in the dishwasher and never had any of them chip.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 6

I just bought one from Beater blade! I have read rave reviews on it! Thanks so much!

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 6

I LOVE my beater blade! Cuts in half the time it takes to whip something up because you're not having to stop and scrape all the time! thumbs_up.gif Best purchase last year!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriMc

Pretty sure I'm on my third coated beater at this point. Each one has chipped even though I have been very careful with them. The brandished beaters cannot be put in the dishwasher which I find ridiculous and nonhygenic.

Anyone else pulling their hair out over this? I see some silicone coated ones by other brands on Amazon and , but looks like they only work with lift head KA's. Mine is not that kind of model.

I have two coated ones gone bad as well. Beater blades do tend to work well for me, but there are times I don't like using them. So I feel your pain!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%