Cupcake Liner Do Differ: Proof In The Pics

Baking By charliecakes Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 3:38am by creativethoughts

charliecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliecakes Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 12

Okay, I've seen several posts that the type of cupcake liner can and will effect how cupcakes bake up/rise/the dome. I decided to give it a try with some foil type liners versus plain paper liners. For me, the foil liners baked up nicer, higher dome. Even as the cupcakes were baking, I could see in the oven right away that the foil cupcake was rising quicker, faster and nicer. So here's a side by side comparison pics. The center cupcake is the plain paper cupcake and the left and right ones both had foil liners. While the plain paper liner didn't do bad, still had a nice dome to it, the foil overall was still better. So I think I'm going to be using foil liners or at the very least better, thicker liners from now on.

11 replies
KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 12

Great to know!

creativethoughts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativethoughts Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 12

I also just baked some cupcakes with foil and paper. I dont know if you had the same results but I noticed that my foil cupcakes stood straight while the paper cupcakes fanned out!

charliecakes Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 12

Yes creativethoughts I did notice this. and i guess becuase the foil is a bit sturdier. know there are more expensive paper liners out there. Gues I'll be doing another test soon

MBCOMER Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBCOMER Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 12

I also dont know if this happened to you also, but I notice when I use paper liners that my cupcakes become more dry.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 12

i JUST realized this the other day! I had some of the new cupcake liners from hobby lobby and they say they don't even need a pan and/or just stiffer than the wilton liners and i have one of those cupcake holders that go in the bottom of the box, the white ones didn't fit! grrr icon_sad.gif i was really upset and realized that the liners do effect the cupcakes.

creativethoughts Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 12

You might look in to grease proof liners. It could be that the cup cakes are more dry because the paper absorbs some of the moisture that the foil does not. I found a link on another forum just a few days ago and they had the grease proof liners, yes they are more expensive but if your looking for something that is stiff, doesn't absorb moisture, and looks the same way after being baked as it does before then I'm thinking that these are the way to go!

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/cupcake-and-muffin-liners.aspx

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 12

I often use foil liners and definitely see a difference. Especially with mini cupcakes. They dome better and the bottoms don't pull up.

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 10:52pm
post #9 of 12

great information thanks

charliecakes Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativethoughts

You might look in to grease proof liners. It could be that the cup cakes are more dry because the paper absorbs some of the moisture that the foil does not. I found a link on another forum just a few days ago and they had the grease proof liners, yes they are more expensive but if your looking for something that is stiff, doesn't absorb moisture, and looks the same way after being baked as it does before then I'm thinking that these are the way to go!

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/cupcake-and-muffin-liners.aspx

I agree and then sometimes that liner is so messy with all that grease. really unapetizing for who ever is eating it

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 2:58am
post #11 of 12

I used those pretty swirled liners from HL that don't require pan. I did put them in a cc pan. I had problems with most of them loosening.

I used the brand from Ms, not Wilton, but house brand, and they did better.

I've seen people use those white cups that are freestanding. The comment made is that the top edge is hard to "break" to pull liner off to eat. Someone had suggested clipping the top edge, but I can't remember if that was before or after baking.

creativethoughts Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:38am
post #12 of 12

They also have some Foil lines cupcake liners at Fred Meyers... maybe other stores also? they are a bit thicker with a parchment/paper and design on the outside and a foil lining on the inside!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%